126 replies to this topic

#101 CrystalBox

CrystalBox

Awkward Linguist

• 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostWyrdwad, on 17 June 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

-Tom

Wow. The fact that you're answering people left and right is very assuring to us as a customer/fan. Not a lot of people might say it, but we really do appreciate your effort in localizing games and listening to our voices on twitter and other forums.

Oh no :,(
At least there's a chance of the game being localized in the West. It's just that I don't really buy digital games (especially if there's a physical counterpart somewhere). In fact, the 1st digital game I'll be probably buying (for VITA anyway) is XSEED's Bon Appetit {only because it didn't get a physical in JA too}.
I'll pre-order the LE now ... but since you guys are so nice about this, it breaks my heart that I wont be supporting Xseed directly by doing this.

I do remember that one time SEGA released Project Diva F on PS3 (physical) and Vita (Digital) and me and a bunch of friends just bought physical releases of the PS3. It seems SEGA is now releasing the 2nd sequel on PS3 and Vita but this time, the option of getting a physical copy on whichever platform. It's nice knowing voices are being heard and we'd love to think our vote had at least an effect in it. (Now only if they'll do the same with Yakuza 5 T^T )

However, in the case that you guys do release a physical copy/LE edition to the West, I would gladly double dip.
(Already pre-ordered Shinovi Versus, Akiba's Trip [VITA] and waiting for Bon Appetit :P ). Still on the fence on S.o.S.

All in all, a lot of people really do respect and love Xseed (the phrase "BASED XSEED" is used quite often on certain forums...) for their work.
I guess we can keep our fingers crossed on this one?

Edited by CrystalBox, 18 June 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#102 Azami

Azami

Awkward Linguist

• 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

I was debating whether to import this or wait for news of a possible Xseed localization, but I guess there's more time to decide now that the release date got pushed back. Either way, I'm really looking forward to this game. The gameplay looks really fun and it's got all my favorite KagePro songs. :)

Now if only MarvelousAQL could try their hand at making a Gumi rhythm game. Gumi's my favorite vocaloid and I was disappointed by how underwhelming ParaPhray's PSP game had been. :(

#103 echo78

echo78

Awkward Linguist

• 47 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

http://www.siliconer...enran-kagura-2/

There's still a chance of localization (near the end of the article) :D

#104 ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura

Thread Chaser

• 160 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

Have you talked to Xseed about bringing IA/VT Colorful to North America?

Jimmy Soga from Xseed: We’re still in talks [with Marvelous], but Tom really wants to do it.

Ahahahahaha thats our Tom alright

#105 Azami

Azami

Awkward Linguist

• 45 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Nice! Thanks for fighting the good fight for us rhythm game fans, Tom. ;)

#106 Sirichanh

Sirichanh

Awkward Linguist

• 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Id gladly double dip if the LE was localized

#107 Ryos

Ryos

Post Royalty

• 979 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostShikouNagakura, on 27 June 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Ahahahahaha thats our Tom alright

It's my totally impartial/unbiased opinion that XSEED should listen to Tom on this one. The power of Vocaloid compels you and whatnot.

#108 Shizukari

Shizukari

Post Fiend

• 1,866 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Go for it, Tom! We're all supporting your endeavor!

#109 Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad

XSEED admin

• Administrators
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, I love that I became part of that interview... somehow.

And I especially love that apparently, after Jimmy gave that answer, Spencer from Siliconera just said, "Yes, I know." ;)

-Tom

#110 Shizukari

Shizukari

Post Fiend

• 1,866 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Shizukari, 30 June 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#111 ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura

Thread Chaser

• 160 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Tom I'll be throwing my money at you if you give us confirmation

Posted Image

#112 VongolaGearX

VongolaGearX

Thread Chaser

• 185 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=ud7D4_3ltM8

#113 BRS25

BRS25

Awkward Linguist

• 25 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Looks like there's gonna be another special event soon.
http://ia-vt.marv.jp...ial.html?t=jump

And Marvelous AQL updated their logo. Liked the old one a lot more in my opinion.

#114 ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura

Thread Chaser

• 160 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

It doesn't seem like anybody posted this yet so here ya go.
Its the full song from the trailer. This is what got me into IA in the first place.
https://www.youtube....h?v=UFTfJnkYS8A

Edited by ShikouNagakura, 08 July 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#115 Clessy

Clessy

Thread Chaser

• 442 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

This genre isnt getting played out yet? How many vocaliod series do we need?

#116 Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175

Post Apocalyptic

• 4,632 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostClessy, on 08 July 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

This genre isnt getting played out yet? How many vocaliod series do we need?

Well, I doubt the Gumi one is gonna get another game, so it's really just this and Project Diva. And there's something weird about calling one game a series, IMO, so even just Project Diva. Regardless, Vocaloid/Project Diva has a decent amount of popularity, so it's no surprise that multiple companies want in.

#117 Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad

XSEED admin

• Administrators
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Technically, Project 575 is Vocaloid as well, and Project Mirai is separate from Project Diva -- but they're all Sega, and they're three very distinct series/games.

As is IA.

Really, when you say "this genre," Clessy, it's more just rhythm gaming than it is Vocaloid rhythm gaming -- the use of Vocaloids isn't what makes the games great, but rather the excellent gameplay. And as far as I'm concerned, rhythm games with excellent gameplay will NEVER be played out. ;)

-Tom

#118 BRS25

BRS25

Awkward Linguist

• 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

IA/VT trailer is up on Playstation Japan's YouTube channel.

#119 soulrunner

soulrunner

Awkward Linguist

• 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

I apologize if I appeared to be advocating illegal activity that is not the case. All I am pointing out is the cause and effect, Crypton had a product, players in the west wanted that product, Crypton felt our money was not good enough, players in the west got that product anyway, how is for the historians to puzzle out though it is no secret and pasted all over the interwebz. It's a matter of public record and now history. Whether history repeats itself or not is completely in the hands of software developers I personally would love to see more Japanese titles make it on our shores being a fan of Anime style games I roll my eyes at shelves full of poorly drawn or overly realistic games that just have no imagination and that is what American games are. One only has to walk through a Game Exchange or a Gamestop to see the fate of those game products. I'm pretty sure somewhere there is a toxic landfill full of discarded NCAA, NFL, Madden, and NHL games right beside the pile of useless Guitar hero mutations suffering from lack of working controllers.

I can see the point of not producing a game if there is no market, which the very existence of this post proves there is, though not yet as vocal, just take a look at what Sega has done through facebook they found their market and got a game made. Project Diva F western release still is one of the top 20 games Gamestop begs me to sell back to them every month despite a digital version being available, and at double trade in value. They can keep begging I'll never come off that game, Project Diva F 2nd will be released physically for vita and ps3 this fall and using Vocaloid 3's English soundbank for all of the songs. We are a Niche market that is true, but we are a rapidly growing niche with converts every time Miku opens her angelic mouth. Why am I focusing on Miku? Because she came first and is a proven product world wide, now IA will have a game too because Crypton went before her, followed to a lesser part by Gumi.

As I posted above if this company produces the game for PS3 I will buy it Japanese or English does not matter to me, the Vita I could care less about until it is more reasonably priced. I and others like me just ask that Xseed not sell Vocaloids or their games short. I'll close this with a fact, I was in a Gamestop in a small out of the way podunk town in Mississippi rooting through their mountain of Crap games for something worth my time. While talking with the store manager IA/VT came up, he was not only knowledgable about it we had a pretty long discussion about the game and what other customers had talked to him about it. People are watching these games even in places you'd never expect, and with PDF2nd's performance at E3 and in Japan it would be foolish not to push a similar competing product while the market around this particular Niche is forming legs.

#120 Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad

XSEED admin

• Administrators
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

You're preaching to the choir, man! Believe me, if we get the opportunity to release IA/VT here and don't take it, it'll surely be a decision reached over my charred, bloody remains. ;)

-Tom

#121 BRS25

BRS25

Awkward Linguist

• 25 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

Any updates? :unsure:

#122 Theswweet

Theswweet

Thread Chaser

• 155 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

So Project Diva F 2nd just got a release date confirmed for NA and Europe; any news on the possibility for this game?

I know a lot of people that bought Project Diva f for Vita have become interested in vocaloid in general, and a lot of them have expressed interest in this game too...

#123 Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad

XSEED admin

• Administrators
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

I don't think there's even a Japanese release date for this one yet. Not a firm one, anyway. They keep pushing it back. So discussing localization, at this early stage, is a bit premature. But trust me, I've got my eye on this game. When the time is right, I'll push for it like nobody's business. ;)

-Tom

#124 BRS25

BRS25

Awkward Linguist

• 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

What's usually the process of localizing a game? Would there ever be a possibility of making a deal with Marvelous so that the English version and Japanese release dates are near identical? (since it has been delayed in Japan anyways) Or am I being too unrealistic? XD

#125 Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad

XSEED admin

• Administrators
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostBRS25, on 25 August 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

What's usually the process of localizing a game? Would there ever be a possibility of making a deal with Marvelous so that the English version and Japanese release dates are near identical? (since it has been delayed in Japan anyways) Or am I being too unrealistic? XD

We did that with Acquire for Sumioni and Orgarhythm, but that's because we helped fund them. I think we also did that with Little King's Story? And maybe Half-Minute Hero? But those were before my time.

So it has been done before, but I think we have to get into a project preeeeeetty early on for something like that. And with this game, that doesn't seem like it's an option, I'm afraid.

-Tom

#126 Nerroth

Nerroth

Thread Chaser

• 137 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

The game has been pushed back to 2015.

#127 Shizukari

Shizukari

Post Fiend

• 1,866 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:39 AM

View PostNerroth, on 03 September 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Please, don't become another SoniPro situation.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users