What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I am so done with Sekiro.

2. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

More like SUCKIRO, AMIRITE!?!?

As a matter of fact, I have been looking for an excuse to use that pun for weeks now. What of it?

3. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

Started chapter 2 of a tear of vermillion.

4. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

What's the trouble? :x

5. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

I figured out how to do Blade Combos in XB2 and I can feel the addiction beginning, just like it did with XB1... I have needed this... I have needed this so freaking bad. *sells my body on the street corner for Xenoblade*

6. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Thanks for taking the bait, Dusty. When I say I am so done with Sekiro...it's because I'm literally done with Sekiro. I beat it! :p

7. DustyStarr

You beat it..... but with which ending? X3

8. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Wait until you get the opportunity to smack every single element orb onto an enemy with high HP and then somehow manage to smash every one of them in one chain attack. That's really fun. (Though kind of rare.) :)

XCX's combat system is cool too, but definitely the most complicated of the three thanks to weather effects and soul voices and so on...I've put about 400 hours into that game and never got all that close to mastering it...I could never remember all of the details at once, lol.

9. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Through the power of the cloud, Immortal Severance and Return.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ys 8. "Almost done! But wait there's still a few more fish to catch, reputations to max out..." Just a little longer!

Smash Ultimate. On the last boss/area of World of Light... still a bunch of challenges I'm missing (like getting all dojos, etc) so I assume that there's more in that last area. I've covered every other inch of the world, already.

11. DustyStarr

Doing some faffing in Bloodbonre; I got all of the weapons in the main game with some chalice dungeoning, and am clearing my path to the last optional trophey boss.

In the DLC I collected some more weapons as well, but am having a heck of a time trying to fight LARRY. Giving me TONS of trouble, his hit boxs and the tiny arena suck. X3

12. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I certainly sucked at it, lol. But there's always a way to cheese fights in From Soft games.

13. DustyStarr

What was your cheese method for the final boss? Outside of constantly running in a circle and punishing his jump attack with a single strike I did not find anything really cheesy. X3

14. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Figured I would try the new PS+ games for the month, especially seeing all of the hate and frustration it spawned. The Surge was whatever, just like a Dark Souls clone but a little more soulless. Conan Exiles, however, is a diamond in the rough. It is by the far one of the worst games I have ever played, but the brokeness and jank of it all was just so entertaining. It's such a stupid game, yet I managed to have fun with it. I will say, however, in probably 5-6 hours of play time, it glitched me out of the world twice, hard crashed seven times, and the amount of deaths attributed to enemies glitching around me and somehow hitting me.

Now, is this unacceptable? Absolutely. Did it completely break any of the fun I was having? Maybe a little. But honestly, I cannot recommend this no matter how much fun I had just screwing around. It's awful, the structure of the crafting systems/all systems is awful, the graphics textures constantly pop in and out, combat feels horrible, healing and just staying alive is annoying. Overall I give it the biggest do not recommend ever. That being said, who wants to play it with me? xD

15. DustyStarr

Bloodborne coop. I learned that level does not matter if you use a password, a system I never knew the game had, so I have been using my overleveled character to help a friend in the game, it's been fun.

16. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Uh oh, my secret is out!

17. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

A FF7 challenge simulator similar to the four job fiesta? Neat, maybe I can actually finish that damn game again.

So far:
    Cloud: Warrior. Blue + Yellow materia. Seems like a really lucky "job" for him to fall into. He attacks just fine early and I can use Steal, Enemy Skill, etc as soon as they are available.

Barret: Ninja. Purple materia. Kinda meh?

Tifa: Warmage. Green + Yellow materia. Not the best character for that combo, but still a good enough combo that I'll probably keep her in the party most of the time.

Aerith: Geomancer. Purple + Red. I'm not sure how that's a geomancer but it's kind of a meh combo. Definitely better together than individually though, and she can make decent use of it until she kicks the bucket.

More characters.

Red XIII: Monk. Blue + Purple. May as well be Purple because there aren't even any combinations of support + independent materia that do anything.

Yuffie: Chemist. Just blue. Completely useless.

Cait Sith: War Mage again.

Vincent: War Mage again. Again.

Overall this sort of thing is a neat idea but it kind of falls apart in execution, because materia types aren't remotely balanced among themselves. Anyone with Green(magic) and/or yellow(command) is going to be awesome because those are the materia that, for the most part, actually do things. Summons are okay but less good. Independents even worse, but not useless. Support materia is useful as long as it has something to support, otherwise it's just there to sell.

While the complexity would be a lot higher, I'd break jobs down into themed materia combinations instead of just by types. Examples:
    Black Mage with Fire, Ice, Lightning, Poison, Destruct, Contain, and Ultima, plus a few support/independents like All, Magic Counter, and HP Absorb.

White Mage with Restore, Revive, Heal, Barrier, Full Cure, and Shield + All, Magic Plus, and Luck Plus.

Red Mage with Fire, Ice, Lightning, Restore, and Heal + Elemental, Magic Counter, and Quadra Magic/W Magic. No All because Red Mage ain't got it like that.

Blue Mage wouldn't need more than Enemy Skill, Sense, and MP Plus for good measure.

Beastmaster with Manipulate, Morph, Sense, Mystify, Chocobo Lure, Enemy Away/Lure, and Added Cut.

Thief with Steal, Exit, Gil Plus, Speed Plus, and Sneak Attack.
    And so on. That would turn out a lot a more interesting since it would give any job some sort of niche instead of having potentially worthless materia combinations that leave characters unable to do anything except attack and use items.

And even among jobs that mostly "just attack" they would diversify a bit - a Knight would have something like Cover early, HP Plus for endurance, and later get Slash All. A Ninja might have Throw early and later get Double Cut. The Thief would never really get stronger attack materia since that's not the theme of the job.

On another note, FF7 is legitimately just a boring game. You leave Midgar and everything just boils down to "Sephiroth went to/is going to ____, let's go." That's like 75% of disc 1. And disc 1 is like two-thirds of the game. So...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  18. DustyStarr

So close tothatBloodborne Platinum.... just one more boss to go...

19. DustyStarr

Plat get, only my third ever. X3 4th if you count the nonplat 100% trophey for Tokyo Jungle.

20. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, I have 14 of those suckers. I should try going for more one of these days...