What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Finished Yakuza Kiwami, been finishing up little side missions here and there before I start Ace Combat 7 proper. In my spare time, I've still been moving through Travis Strikes Again, albeit slowly. Also been playing VOEZ on Switch, such a fun rhythm game! Plus some of the songs are legit soooo good.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Voez and Musynx are both great :) I zone out and just play. Musynx I'm awful at on higher difficultiesn so I play on lower and just enjoy the music (joycons dont make it easy either...)

Thinking of either starting UltraSun or Let's Go Eevve. Already have my teams decided on, just trying to figure out which I should work on first...

3. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Well, they updated Deemo again... the gift that keeps on giving.

Toy-Con Collection (10 Additions)
    Light Pollution Easy LV1
    Platinum Easy LV2
    Pulses Easy LV3
    LegacyNormal LV6
    Invite Normal LV7
    Angelic Sphere Normal LV8
    Suspenseful Third Day Normal LV8
    Infinite Puzzle Normal LV9
    Entrance Hard LV9
    Magnolia Hard LV10

Team Grimoire Collection (5 New Songs)
    Alexithymia Hard LV10
    CHAOS MAGNVM Hard LV11
    Dyslexia Hard LV10
    Grimoire of Blue Hard LV9
    Librum Clausi Hard LV8

... still no "Moon Without the Stars" on the Toy-Con. : (
    ... also still, no "Alice, Good Night" in any form. :' (

Looking forward to hitting up the midnight launch that Gamestop is having for the Deemo physical release tonight.

4. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I bought some cords to hook my PS4 up to n old monitor that I found in storage; it's only 720p but it looks nice since the monitor is not that big. Gives me more options to maybe actually play a video game! I played a few rounds of Overwatch to test.

5. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Been awhile, folks! :D

MvC3: Didn't get to play online at all, since no one was playing. Nothing much to do offline after I got all the endings, either. H&H mode was kind of meh. Man, losing a fight at high level difficulty can erase my 30-minute progress or so. Lame. o_O And it's too obvious that at high difficulty, the CPU blatantly cheats so there's no point in struggling in frustration. It's not that funny to hear "advancing guard" and "break away" repeatedly every time I approach and try to score some hits. Had some rage with it, but enjoyed the good moments, too. :oops:

Mercenary Kings: Terrible. Disappointed with this game. Game is slow-paced, and yet, they put in a time limit in all the missions. The kicker is there isn't even a map so I spent most of my time wondering the whole stage trying to figure out where my target is. o_O Played a few missions and called it done.

The Order 1886: Oh my goodness gracious... This game is like Resident Evil 6 being reincarnated in a more evil form. :rolleyes:
    QTEs every single time I need to do something. Open a door? Stealth kill? Boss fight? Inspect items? 100 QTEs coming your way, baby! Seriously, have they learned nothing at all from RE6's reception?
    Forced walking for absolutely no reason besides to prolong the game. Plus the unskippable cutscenes.
    Something feels really off about the gun mechanics. I don't have the best aim, but sometimes I feel like my bullets just fly past an enemy as if they are invisible.
    I have some difficulty trying to listen to the British accent, which is not bad by any means, but many of these characters sound like whisper 90% of the time in their dialogue. I can barely make out what is happening or who is saying what about what. Story is not awful, but still pretty lacking in background information. Oh, and I can't complain about this game's ending. There isn't one. :rolleyes:
    The best part about this game is the sound design, especially the gun sound effects. The guns all sound very powerful and give you that feeling that you are in a combat zone. This game would give Cod or BF or CS a run for their money when it comes to gun sounds. :D

Played the demo for MM11, DQ Explorer 2, and RE2.
    Mega Man 11: Beautiful and fun to play, overall. I think there's a part where I got stuck in a trap because I couldn't jump for some reason. Probably a bug. But still, an old problem we still have is how some of my shots can just fly past an enemy if it's 1-2 pixel away. If I am standing, the shot is too low. If I jump a bit, the shot is too high. Lol. :confused:

RE2: Which corporate troll decided to make this demo a one shot demo with limited time? :mad: I had to try to get used to the controls first, then explore the area, so naturally, I ran out of time. Most I got to was the room with the locked box in a dark room. Not really good with puzzles so I feel like some of these puzzles are pretty vague and there's no hints or anything to rely on.
    I am used to having L1 and R1 to aim and shoot, so not being to change that was hard for me.
    Seems like I can no longer spin the analogs to push the zombie away. Need a knife to get out of those moments.
    Also, I can't run at some parts? Just finished 1886, so I don't like how this game forces me to walk at some points.
    Overall, not very impressed with what I was playing. Gonna get the game eventually, but not very impressed like other people. :eek:

By the way, I noticed that the PS Store has both the normal version and complete edition of SAO Fatal Bullet at $40. Lol. :cool:

6. Cryrobinson

Finished Travis Strikes Again last night, and I gotta say, while I didn't entirely dislike it leading up to the end, the final game world really dragged on and left a bad taste in my mouth. Glad I can say I'm down with it, but sad I didn't get more enjoyment out of it. Even more sad to say I'll probably never touch it again, even with the season pass content releasing in the next few months. Just didn't feel satisfying. I did like the little fan-candy at the end, but that was honestly probably all I liked (outside of buying the T-shirts and playing dress up xD).

7. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

So, of course I picked up the physical copy of Deemo last night. It's fun being in the middle of a sea of people with one focus (Kingdom Hearts III), and be the oddball.

I do have to note, it appears that the game card only includes content up to V1.3. Given that when PM Studios announced the game, they made a point of noting that it would be compatible with LABO, and that the update adding LABO came out in October, I find it odd that they didn't include at least the V1.4 content on the card. Hopefully they can get both that, and the newly released V1.5 content added in soon.

8. Cryrobinson

That is odd they didn't have those updates already included. It's still able to download those updates as usual, right?

9. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Resident Evil 2 is soooo goood! Finished Leon and Claire's A paths, and working on Leon's B right now.

10. DustyStarr

Did you go Leon A Claire B Claire A Leon B, or Leon A Claire A Leon B?

11. DustyStarr

Oh yeah, so Piranha Plant came out today, so I played his classic mode, and tried him out online some, I like the plant, it's a really interesting fighter!

12. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

13. Cryrobinson

I've heard the game is pretty short, how long did each playthrough take roughly? Regardless, loved the demo and can't wait to pick it up!

14. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Well I have done it guys, I started Trails From Zero, its happening, and I am already falling hard for it. Something about this old PS1 era style of game play that puts its hooks in to me and doesnt let go. IM FINALLY DOING THE THING!!! :eek:

AttentionDeficitGuy likes this.
  15. DustyStarr

Does Zero have a full English patch?

16. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Yes, and there is a higher quality one from Geofront thats coming out soon, I would probably wait for that one.

17. DustyStarr

I still need to play SC and TC, but that's good to know. Can you apply the patch to a legal copy of Zero? Possibly a Vita or PSP copy?

18. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

PC or PSP. PSP will just include the text with some limitations like abbreviations in some places. PC will have a lot of adjustments and technical improvements that will put it awfully close to the official release quality of the Sky trilogy on PC. Some things even beyond what's mentioned in that update too, like editing some textures to adjust text on them.

You can buy Zero on PC from dlsite, it goes on sale occasionally for around $12-$13 depending on the exchange rate at the time.

19. DustyStarr

Good to know. I will have to get used to playing on PC sometime then...

I know I should transition to PC, but I want to transfer my PSP FC save file to SC, but I really do not want to buy SC on the PSP since it like never goes on sale if I remember (also I sold my vita and my PSP's battery got all fat and won't work). In a weird spot.

20. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

You can just download a clear save, but unless you 100% completed the game it probably won't be tailored to exactly what sidequests you did or didn't do. Doesn't really make a whole lot of difference apart from some bonus items near the beginning, and some slightly different NPC text.