The Great Lure Fishing Project!

Discussion in 'Fishing Resort' started by DustyStarr, Nov 25, 2013.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

You may remember back on the old forum that I made a topic about this... probably not, because I think Ammy was the only person to actually post in it. But that's fine! There is no real rush here, considering I have not even started.

For those of us who are new, or just don't remember, earlier this year planning began for a project that would research the affects of every single lure on every single type of fish. As anyone who has played the game might be able to guess, this is a BIG undertaking, considering that there are 214 fish, and... more lures than I remember. X3 But, we have an organized system, that should let each person handle things in small chunks. :3 I could go into detail, but I think it would probably be better if you just read from the original topic, which I will link to now.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637335-fishing-resort/66396481

Pretty much NO one has started yet... but there is no rush. :3 If you would like to help, please sign up there. If you don't have a GameFAQs account, I can do it for you if you tell me.

If you want to help uncover the last remaining mysteries of this game, or just are looking for a reason to play again, please, help out! :3

Thank you. :3

2. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Well, if I can get through the game (I've BARELY played it :( ), I'll help ya out! Do you have an idea as to how long it'll take me to be ready to do this?

3. DustyStarr

It could be a few hours, could be a lot of hour, really depends on what pace you want to go through the game. :3 No rush, just have fun with it. This is best done after you have completed all the questions and have the best rods and reels, and all the lures, obviously.

4. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Reading through the old posts for the more obscure titles; curious how this turned out? Haven't snagged a copy of FR yet but I'd like to! I know it's rare as all heck nowadays. Hope I can find a CIB copy for not too crazy (fishing pole accessory out of the question sadly).

5. DustyStarr

We lit never broke ground, but the main topic on GameFAQs has still been bumped each week. I still kind of plan on starting my tests, but school started up around that time and folks got busy you know? Is never too late. X3 I still need to do a system trasnsfer is an issue.

And no worries about the accessory, it was not helpful at all.

Thank you for showing interest though. :3 I hope you find a good deal for the game, and I'll try to fill the gap and help you like Philia helped me way back on the original forums!

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'll never forget "the fish people" on the original forum. Wow, were they ever dedicated! I always curiously popped my head in, and saw them compiling a bunch of lists and stuff together :p Never even had avatars, which I always thought was kinda weird. Not a single one. But a decent amount of posts! Then they all just, disappeared... Quite the phenomenon!

7. Cryrobinson

When I manage to secure a copy, if you're interested in working on this more in depth, let me know. I love working on projects (outside of my actual job, of course) and this sounds like much fun! Especially if it will help people going forward.

Just out of curiosity, what would you rate this game out of /10? Just want to know where to expect this game to sit. It does seem like it could be one of those games most people find "boring," but I am able to find the fun in most games, regardless.

8. DustyStarr

I think Philia (the only one who I remember by name) had an avatar... I think... but yeah, when they all vanished so suddenly I was pretty sad. ;~; They helped me SO much though, so I will always remember them fondly!

And no problem, I still have the info somewhere where I can assign you a specific set of lures and set of regions to test. :3 If we could narrow down what legends like what lures it would help so many people! But man, lures have a learning curve, and I must be so out of practice... X3

I would give it a 9/10. I think it's amazing. Perhaps not perfect, but it's the best fishing game I have ever played by far, it has TONS to do, and for the console it came out on it has really pretty graphics. The game is super relaxing, and if you enjoy collecting it can be amazing or frustrating. X3 It takes a while to really open up though, but when it does there is SO much to do! Tons of side modes, tons of achievements, tons of areas, missions to complete, ingame tournaments and activities, over 200 fish to collect... there's just so much, and even when you think it's done when you complete every mission more opens up!

But yeah, some of these XSEED Wii games are going up in price... Ivy the Kiwi? is like 60 bucks used... need to find it cheap somewhere...

9. Cryrobinson

Yeah, it really is a shame to see prices spiking. I'm in the same boat, would love to have Ivy the Kiwi? but $60 is a lot for a used game. :|

But yeah, I would be down to help. I like games that are content heavy and collect-a-thons. I mean, heck, I played Pokemon to catch, not really to battle.

10. DustyStarr

Then you will probably like this game. X3 It's also kind of an RPG too, you level up and get stronger and get stronger equipment. :3 XSEED had a trailer calling it the fishing RPG. But for me at least it's more about the collecting. X3

Be prepared for some frustration with the incredibly low spawn rate of some of the legends though. X3