Seaman 1 & 2 For 3Ds/vita!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soapstone, May 20, 2015.

1. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

i know i am asking a HUGE thing, but Seaman and Seaman 2 are available on the ps2 in japan, and the ps2 version of seaman has upgraded voice recognition software, compared to the original dreamcast version, as well as new features not seen in the original DC game.

the games require use of a controller and mic, and Seaman 2 i believe required the usb seamic controler that came out with both ps2 ps2 games. as the vita and the 3ds/n3ds has a built in mic, as well as build in controls, i think this would be a great media in which to release the new edition of the Seaman games here in North America.

if any of you followed Seaman, a company by the name of Vivarium created the game, and Sega released the first game here on the DC, and other versions of the game on the DC in japan as well. however, when Seaman was ready to be released on the PS2, it was a company called ascii that released the game, instead of sega, and they also, i believe, developed the USB seamic controller for use with the game. yet, when Vivarium released Seaman 2 on the PS2, Sega, for whatever reason, was ready to jump on board with it!

the early demo of Seaman, i think was shown at the TGS, and Sega had setup a really cool 3d machine to make it look like the island and little Peking man were really there. as a result of the game being a PS2 title, and 3d games not being available until the 3ds tvs and the ps3 came out, i am sure a lot of people would have loved to have seen the 3d effect of the game. even though it isnt perfect, i think the 3ds/n3ds would be a great media output for the 3d version of the game. as well as the fact that in the original DC version of seaman, the VMU cartridge would let you know when you could use the mic to talk to Seaman, and when you were talking, the bottom touch screen of the 3ds could do this as well. the touchscreen mechanics of both vita and 3ds could add alot to gameplay as well.

is there any other Seaman fans here that would love to see the rest of the world get the upgraded Seaman and never before released Seaman 2? Seaman fans unite!

the only downside: we no longer have Leonard Nimoy around to be the Narrator! :S

here is the main websites for Seaman 1 & 2:
    http://www.seaman.tv/
    http://www.seaman.tv/seaman2/
    http://www.vivarium.jp/

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

You need someone in Japan to make it first, though.

3. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

so it has to be on the said system befor it can be released over here? someone over here can't just port it to the said system?

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Correct. Western publishers don't have a say in porting the actual game, although Steam has become an exception. To request a game say here, it needs to exist in Japan already. Sega is not doing many console games period now, so I doubt it'll ever get ported to anything, realistically.

5. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

yea, well sega was jsut the publisher, the developer is vivarium, so if the developer desides then that is when it would be on the said system, right?

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Publishers can have a lot more say than the devs at times with contracts, owning IPs, etc. It's all hypothetical to say if they would even decide to make an upgrade.

7. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

ya. it jsut sux that NA didnt get hte ps2 upgrade for Seaman nor did we get Seaman 2 and at the times the games came out the ps2 was still goin strong.