Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Picked up a bunch of new digital games for my Switch. Snagged: Cave Story+, Tiny Barbarian, Ittle Dew 2+, Mutant Mudds Collection, Hollow Knight, The End is Nigh, and Xeodrifter. Good Nicalis sale going on, so had to snag some of those I wanted!

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I got the FOUNDERS PACK or whatever for Smite on the Switch, which is nice because the purchase will transfer to PC and XBOX as well.

Sagadego likes this.
  3. Sagadego

Sagadego Member

back from gamestop

[​IMG]

4. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Bought Chaos;Child on Steam and got Phantasy Star and Dragon Marked for Death on Switch. Also, preordered the Trails of Cold Steel III LE.

5. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

I just preordered my CSIII LE as well! I also went ahead and got one of those Rean shirts, because I actually don't have enough geeky/fandom t-shirts in my wardrobe at the moment

AnimeGamer183 likes this.
  6. Cryrobinson

Welp, I caved and bought Resident Evil 2. The demo was so good, and constant friends mentioning how awesome it was convinced me to buy. And I can safely say, zero regrets!

7. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

So, why was this me at random out of the way GameStops yesterday?

... because a friend of mine started collecting these little blind box toys last year, and we only need two for her to have the whole set of six.
    [​IMG]

8. banballow

Tax time again. :D :D :D
    Damage thus far...

30k Yen added to Amazon JP. Paid off Phoenix Wright Trilogy and My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!?, along with a couple of figures.
    Nelke and Princess Guide special editions from NISA.
    Steins;Gate Elite from GS.
    Tokyo School Life and Nekopara Vol. 2 from the eShop.

... and I feel another trip to GS coming soon. Need to order at least Cytus Alpha and RemiLore.

Edit: I don't know how it had gone this long slipping my mind, but Senran Kagura Burst RE:Newal over on Steam.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

A few new gets...

-Etrian Odyssey Nexus
    -Yo-kai Watch 3
    - Avalon Code (finally found a copy in GREAT shape, although not the best price :/)
    -Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley
    -Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
    -The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince
    -Dragon Sinker

10. AttentionDeficitGuy

With the Steam sale going, I got myself Skyrim Special Edition and Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus. I'm going to be playing a LOT of JRPG this year, so those seem like good palette cleansers.

11. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Nice! I'm thinking I'll just go with the pin, Embers of War wall scroll, and maybe the keychains, but their Ys VIII shirts did look very nice...

12. AttentionDeficitGuy

Man, I never bother decorating my apartment, and I was thinking of getting that Embers of War scroll. It just looks so darn cool.

13. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I grabbed Globesweeper on Steam. Microsoft was dumb to put Minesweeper behind ads, and Minesweeper but on a sphere seemed like a neat gimmick. And it is!

Then you tinker with the settings.

Triangles? Seems innocent enough, until you realize it is anything but. Every triangle has TWELVE adjacent triangles, since every triangle touching a corner counts. It's like if Minesweeper had a nightmare difficulty. Once I wrapped my head around it, I spent nearly an hour on a standard triangle puzzle, then made a mistake and lost near the end.

That's right, give me my well deserved fireworks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  14. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I'm a happy owner of the Adol/Dana shirts. The nice thing is they look nice while not standing out so you (probably) don't have to explain Ys has virtually nothing to do with DBZ or Sailor Moon or whatever...speaking from personal experience with some of my other shirts.

On the other end of the spectrum, I just got Death end re;Quest LE in the mail and I've had a lot of LE/CE purchases over the years (not to Terro's extent but enough) - having said that, this was the strangest packed LE I've ever gotten. Can't recall seeing the game packed OUTSIDE of the LE box before. At first I was like, LOL, did I accidentally buy a regular edition too?

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I've seen it happen more with some companies. They just can't fit the game in the box with all the stuff. Pretty much anything from Rice Digital, since their LE packaging is long and thin, and other stuff like Tales of Vesperia, where their LE was more a "separate box of goodies".

My copy also came in the mail. I also picked up the latest Code;Realize last week, going to pick up Steins;Gate Elite today, and also found a copy of Time Gal in pretty good shape the other day. Forgot all about this one!

16. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... I love the ridiculously large box for Steins;Gate.

Still waiting on Amazon JP to send me my copy of Phoenix Wright. :(

17. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

18. Cryrobinson

Just got my copy of Remilore as well, it's been pretty fun so far! The design is so nice, the characters are cute, and the environment tends to be on the bright pleasant side.

19. AttentionDeficitGuy

Damn, I'm a sucker for a good box, and THAT, my friend, is a fine-ass box!

20. banballow

Got this in the mail today that I ordered a couple of weeks ago...

[​IMG]

... I'm having a small issue. I have one of those thin dockable Nyko shells on my Switch to protect the backplate (Pikachu / Eevee Edition), but it adds just enough plastic on the bottom of the Switch that I can't connect the Genki. Now I have to decide what to do. I can remove the shell... but I don't want to scratch up the Switch's backplate. The next option is to try and cut away some of the excess plastic along the bottom, though I'm not sure how well the shell will hold up afterward.

Edit: Well, that was easy. Cut off a tiny bit of the shell, snaps back on fine, and the Genki fits. Very nice, and now I can use my AirPods with it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019