Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Sagadego

Sagadego Member

[​IMG]
    pokemon and penny and korra 3ds and switch game case from amazon. pokemon sun and moon anime, and final fanatsy 15/ Last guardian from walmarts
    chicago pd from local retro game store movies and cards from dollar tree.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Got some pickups on my east coast trip! There's a few good retro stores in the area. Got mad at one place where they had price stickers listed on everything, but they were "old" and the guy had to look up eBay prices for "current pricing". I bailed that place :/ Was planning to buy, but not at those inflated prices (I was looking at eBay at the "prices" simultaneously). Whatever...

-Harvest Moon 3 GBC (CIB!!!)
    -Robopon - Sun Version (CIB!!!) the hunt for authentic, complete, GB/GBC/GBA is so tough now :/
    -Monster Kingdom - Jewel Summoner (this is pretty much the rarest non-Gajinworks PSP game... I paid a little more, but the hunt is over... only ever seen it for sale ONCE years back)
    -PoPoLoCrois
    -Mario vs Donkey Kong - Mini-Land Mayhem!
    -Kirby Canvas Curse
    -Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
    -Conker - Live and Reloaded
    -Tecmo's Deception (omg I apparently already owned this >_> I bought it last year and still don't remember it :/ One of my lists wasn't uploaded... ugh, can't wait to get my life in order and organize things...)
    -Virtua Fighter 5
    -No More Heroes 2 - Desperate Struggle
    -Samurai Warriors - Katana
    -King of Fighters Maximum Impact LE

Came home to:
    -Let's Go Pikachu! (box kinda wreaked on one side... Best Buy shipped the bundles separately so my Eevee is still in transit far away :/)
    -Metal Max Xeno LE
    -SNK Collection LE

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

-Let's Go Eevee! (finally came in...)
    -Bayonetta Switch (BBuy sale)
    -428: Shibuya Scramble (Gamestop sale)
    -Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (Gamestop sale)
    -Jake Hunter Detective Story - Ghost of the Dusk (Gamestop sale)
    -Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (BBuy sale)
    -Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Mars (BBuy sale)
    -Pokemon Pinball (eBay sale)

Unless I find some other crazy deal, I think I'm done :x

4. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Picked up a copy of Bendy and the Ink Machine at Gamestop, and got a cheap copy of Namco Museum Arcade Pac from Best Buy.

5. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

I am faced a predicament Which do I purchase: Octopath Traveler, or Breath of the Wild?

6. banballow

Hello Neighbor $15
    Scribblenauts Mega Pack $10

Hori DPad Joy-Con $20

Nice little Black Friday haul.

7. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

@AnimeGamer183 BotW IMO

LA Noire Switch - $10
    Horizon Zero Dawn Complete - $10
    Little Nightmares (Eshop) - $15 (minus gold points)
    Razer Deathadder Elite Mouse - $20

Not bad.

8. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Got gifted Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on Steam, bought Sonic CD on Steam, purchased the Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force Limited Edition from the IFI store, and got Koudelka and the Spyro: Collector's Edition for PS1 from a B1G1 free that a retro game store near me was doing.

Mostly spent money on clothes for Black Friday, but getting Koudelka definitely made this time of the year worth it.

9. AnimeGamer183

I picked up Uncharted 4 used for $5 and had to order God of War at gamestop, but still got it for $17 the guy in front of me literally bought the last copy, ugh.

And I am pissed at Sony right now, I was going to pick up Final fantasy VII HD on PSN since its on sale for $9.59 went and checked my PSN wallet to see how much I had, $9.54... I have never put my credit card in and dont plan to but saw that pay pal was an option now so I added that and attempted to put more funds on to top off this purchase, $5 minimum transfer, which unfortunately is more than I can spare considering that 4.95 of that will sit for the past 2 years in my PSN wallet like this $9.54 cents has. I cant just put X amount of money on a PSN code and top it off that way either, they only come in 10 20 25 50 and 100 so now im missing out because of pennies. And did I mention its fucked that Sony prices everything at 19.99 x.99 x.49 x.59 etc. but only sells PSN codes in increments of even numbers like I mentioned above so there is always pennies left over and money floating. So I opted to say fuck them and not put money in my wallet, especially after their deplorable behavior the whole year that makes me sick and embarrassed to be associated with them (will be a while before I wear my Playstation Logo T-Shirt again any time soon).

Anyway, that really hit a nerve with me and I will have more exciting purchases to post soon :3

10. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Put my money down for the Smash Stick. Not literally since Kickstarter won't charge until the end. Would like to do the beta but but that's just too much.

11. AnimeGamer183

Ok, so I have my final Purchase haul from the past week! I already mentioned Uncharted 4 and God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete, this is what I have gotten since: Tales of Berseria on Steam (it was 12.49, I couldnt pass that up), Some how got a Steam Link as they were going in and out of stock all weekend (hopefully that purchase sticks) it allows you stream your PC to your TV through your home network for TV play and it was $2.50 and $8 shipping down from $49.99 and I can use my PS4 controller with it so I was glad to have gotten it, the fam are getting me Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna Expansion for christmas, then I caved and bought Shining Resonance Refrain Draconic Edition because it was $25 and wouldnt stop being on sale on amazon for a week. And in an only partial gaming purchase, I got a Logitech 5.1 surround sound system and shit is about to get real.

12. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

My Steam Link that I brought a bit before Thanksgiving arrived and it seems like a neat device. It'll be handy whenever I have guests over!

Otherwise, I got Kirby: Planet Robobot using an eBay 25% off coupon and a Switch from the Facebook Marketplace deal that's arriving in a few days.

13. AnimeGamer183

Well I had an amazing day, I went to the local used game store here in town to see if I could do some trade ins and have my broken PSP looked at again, and what do you know IT ACTUALLY TURNED RIGHT ON... we plugged it in and started right up I ALMOST cried when it actually turned on, I have no idea why it wouldnt turn on the past 2 or 3 years but my hacked firmware and all my games are still on the memory card (its the PSP I originally played Trails in the Sky on), it doesnt currently have a battery so it can only play plugged in, but I did my trades and got a power cable for it ($10 for a power cable, which I thought was a little steep, but I had no choice I wanted it running) and I used the other $10 to pick up a copy of Final Fantasy III on DS and passed up on a black label Final Fantasy Origins for PSX, which I may go back and get later, I am missing FF 1-3 in my collection and its about time I remedied that. THEN I get home with the PSP and realized they left the UMD of Growlanser Wayfarer of Time in the system from when they tested it (I will most likely take it back, even though I wouldnt mind owning that game and the opening cut scene made me highly interested in it) THEN I won a steam game via a twitch streamer which I will receive after the stream is over later tonight, the gaming gods were on my side on this day.

KlausRealta and zerokid2 like this.
  14. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Sony had a flash sale over the weekend (may still be going on) so I snagged some things I wanted on that list. Got Hitman, Speed Runners, Guts & Glory, Nidhogg, and Layers of Fear. Most of these were games for when I have friends over that we can make into drinking games (Guts & Glory, Nidhogg, and Speedrunners are great drinking games). Layers of Fear I have heard mixed things about, but it was cheap so I figured I'd try it out!

15. banballow

I was, for all intents and purposes, a good boy today. Even turned in that ID that I found sitting on the ground at the mall.
    Upon my return to the home, the Gods did bestow upon me, two gifts...
    [​IMG]

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The SK LE is really nice. It's a very XSEED-y LE :) Just not a fan of the collage of pics in the back.

17. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying Tales of Zestiria and Berseria from the Humble Bundle store. But I'm not sure if they are physical or digital copies. Does anyone know? I have never bought anything from there before. :confused:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tales-of-zestiria

18. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Humble Bundle is exclusively digital sales, as far as I know. They don't deal in physical copies of anything, at least not that I've ever heard.

19. AnimeGamer183

Nice, same price I paid for my Steam copy of Berseria (digital of course) over black friday, maybe one day I can pick up the PS4 CE of it for my collection.

20. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Three new Switch games in one weekend makes me one happy boy! Went and picked up Katamari Damacy REROLL on Friday because I absolutely looooooove some Katamari. Brother and I exchanged out Christmas gifts early and he got me Code of Princesss EX as well as Blade Strangers, so I have had a very busy weekend, suffice to say! Blade Strangers is cool too. I'm not a huge fighting game fan, but if I can play as Umihara Kawase sign me up!