Psp Popolocrois (Directors Cut) For 3Ds

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soapstone, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

i think xseed should get the rights to the psp version of the game and release it uncut, the way the psx games were meant to be. releasing the game for the 3ds to go with the upcoming Return to PoPoLoCrois 3ds release.

i no longer have a psp, and it is very hard to track a good working system down as well as track down a game that isnt very popular due to little to no advertisement and it being an early psp title. it would be nice to play the game again and actually be able to finish it.

2. Legion1X

Legion1X Member

This is beyond their scope. They do not have any console programmers so aside from some of their Steam releases, they only localize titles. Also, we did actually get the complete psp game (Aside from changed videos). The original japanese version was a bit of a butchering of 3 separate ps1 games into one psp game. So yea, don't hold out any hope for this unless the japanese developer decides to do it!

3. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

i am aware it is complete as a game, but i am told the reason the first 2 parts of the game were shorter was due to being cut the most. the 3rd part mostly being intact.

how is it beyond their scope when they released the psp version of corpse party 1 and 2? they have console programmers.

i dont follow, the psp game we got here is the same psp game released in japan which is a compilation of the psx titles. and this is what i was referring to.

4. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

i also dont see what is so hard about taking the original psx games and releasing them over here as a 3-in-1 trilogy collection for 3ds/vita or something.

5. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

The two games already existed on PSP, though. XSEED didn't have to do any programming. For inserting the localization into the game, I believe they sent the localization to the developers.

6. keke094

keke094 New Member

it's look like is impossible. as i know the 3DS get localized maybe because is own on by original creator tamori yohsuke (manga stuff) and get published by Marvelous Japan (but the developer game of Popolocrois series is Epics aka ex.G-artist most know the original staff who working on popolo PS1), the PSP one is copyright by SCEIJ (and mr.tamori). and the 3DS one is look like they don't want bring SCEIJ Stuff own, because there not are character in popolocrois castle not part in manga. i don't think the PSP one can get localized to 3DS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1UP: Hello and thank you for taking the time to field our question. Popolocrois has been around since 1996 (in Japan), almost 10 years now. Why has it taken so long for PoPoLoCrois to come to America? Did publishers (Sony, etc.) think the audience for the games was too young?
    Yohsuke Tamori: PoPoLoCrois itself was planned before the PlayStation launch and it was designed only for the Japanese market. First, PoPoLoCrois had a program that couldn't be easily converted to an English version. The program was redone in the second PoPoLoCrois. However, in order for us to release PoPoLoCrois outside of Japan, we had to reprogram the first one, too, because the story of each PoPoLoCrois game is a sequence from the previous title. It's true that we thought the target audience of PoPoLoCrois was too young for the US market. Also, marketing research showed that it would be difficult for an RPG to be successful in the US market as well. But on the other hand, it's a fact that there were many Americans who have been waiting for this title for a long time.

http://www.1up.com/f...ive-popolocrois

7. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

thats true, but from what i am told, it isnt that hard to develop for early sony systems, most of the programming is the same from psx to psp and stuff. why didnt they just release the 3 games separately on the psp instead of releasing as 1 game and cutting the first 2 up? that is the part that makes no sense to me.

8. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

that quote bugs me, what i dont understand is at the time the games came out, i think there were a few rpgs on the psx at that time over here, and even before that we had FF on the nes/snes, PS on the on the sega genesis and master system, DQ on the nes/snes and gb, i do not understand why we obviously had RPGs over here, even on the sega cd and saturn, and there are lots of people into them, yet somehow everyone seems to get the idea that americans dont like japan, they dont like anime, they dont like japanese made games, etc. and yet i can guarantee that anime is still big thanks to sites like crunchyroll, that there are people clamoring for such and such company to release such and such game over here, etc. supposedly the interest in japan has died down, yet i do not see any signs of it. i think the only reason adv and other companies went out of business was due to economy at the time, anime on dvd/bluray isnt cheap to own, even used is kinda pricey for certain titles. just because it isnt easily affordable, doesnt mean we do not want it! we really do!

had popolocrois been released on the psx way back when, i woulda bought all 3 parts if i knew about it.

9. keke094

keke094 New Member

the two game is on PSN only on region 2, i heard poporogue also on PSN PS3/PSP too aswell

10. ceruleanstars

ceruleanstars New Member

I would think the biggest problem would be technical, in taking a game designed for now-obsolete PSP architecture and making it work with the 3DS' architecture. Even if they could somehow get the rights, they'd pretty much have to redesign it from the ground up, which XSEED... wouldn't have the resources for at all, and their only dedicated programmer works with Steam.

I'm also pretty sure that if there was even the slightest chance of a remastered PoPoLoCrois, Tom would immediately jump on it and hassle his bosses at XSEED until they let him have it.