Otome Game Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TenshiEffect, Oct 27, 2013.

1. taimea

taimea New Member

since this needs a bump if and may as well say that these are now coming to vita

clock zero
    [​IMG]

Kaleidoeve https://vndb.org/v15104
    [​IMG]
    S.A.D.F (Sadofu) -- The Special Armed and Defense Forces.
    That is, an organization that protects the people that live in this country.
    The assembled members of S.A.D.F are only chosen from the most talented people available.
    This spring, two new members were added to the CUE Special Forces.
    One of them is 18 year old Tsubasa Hayama.
    Even though she was a bit lost at why she was chosen to be assigned to CUE,
    every day her connection with the other members deepened.
    Around that time a series of incidents of random street attacks started.
    In order to resolve the situation the members of CUE were dispatched.
    Something is happening in Tsubasa's body as she is running about...
    A variety of blue colored lights fills her field of vision.
    Wherever she looks, Deep, Blue...

Otoko Yuukaku https://vndb.org/v16109
    [​IMG]
    ------- most likely based on the Ios version that in English too

Kami-sama to Koigokoro https://vndb.org/v10045
    [​IMG]

I'm an apprentice Nun! Of course my dream is to be a worthy Nun someday!"
    The protagonist of this story has her days busily full "bestowing equal care" to all as prescribed by the church.

One day 3 priest apprentices with good looks but bad personalities appear.
    We're aspiring towards the same goals so we'll get along she thought, but she ends up quarreling with them from the start.
    But with the protagonists bright nature and the help of her childhood friend and her superior the distance between her and the three of them lessens.

Before long, inside the protagonist's heart something starts to bloom, that is, the "awakening of love" for just one person.
    However, there is the church necessity of "equality", no one person is "special" enough to love more than anybody else.
    On December 24th the "Christmas Eve Festival" will be held at the church. From here the protagonist is faced with the choice to either continue aiming to be a "Nun", or to live for "love".

The "care" of the church that she has supported up till now. The "chastity" that she has protected with great care.
    The "love" that she hadn't know until now. The continuing feelings of "pure love" for only one person.

If it was you, Which would you choose?

Sorayume https://vndb.org/v1341
    [​IMG]
    Morinaga Satsuki is the only daughter of a family that owns an antique store, with no special redeeming features she is a extremely normal 2nd year high school student.
    It's the 24th of August, with one week left in her summer vacation.
    On the day that her parents leave for a purported business trip she spontaneously by chance finds a sparkling yellow ring, "Chrysoberyl".

When Satsuki took that ring and put it on, the man sealed inside was summoned into this world.
    He called himself a demon "Ruen Egurandin".
    He semi-forcefully asked her to help him find the "Thing he was looking for", and as a reward he would grant her "wish that wasn't particularly a wish".

The thing the demon was looking for was the demon stone "Heliotrope".

"That is a ring of destruction. Right after you put it on, no matter how much you struggle, you will easily lose your mind and go insane."
    It's that kind of frightening ring.
    However as long as you don't put it on, nothing bad will happen.

Under pressure from Ruen, Satsuki took on the request to find the ring without taking it too seriously.

From that day the demon and human would start working together to find the ring.

Since meeting Ruen,
    No, More like since finding that ring, It seems like the world has been swallowed by a dream.

2. luchikita

luchikita New Member

You know, English Detective Mysteria and Code:Realize are so similar that it must be fate (or that O copied M). XSEED should localize Code: Realize since EDM fell through.

I wish Marvelous would do another otome game, or at least another RF.

3. Azami

Azami New Member

Hey guys, so I’ve been thinking that all we've been doing in this thread is info dumping about tons of different otome games. Maybe we should try to figure out one game to focus on, make a new thread, discuss why we think it’d be a good option to localize and put our support behind?

I’m thinking back to that one otome survey thread in the Aksys forum where about 200 people told Aksys what they’d like to see in an otome game. I’m thinking if we show Xseed what sort of otome game we’d like to see, maybe they’ll consider giving the genre a shot? I dunno, what do you guys think?

4. TenshiEffect

TenshiEffect New Member

I'm definitely interested in Code: Realize.

I know. T_T
    I'm trying to be patient, but it gets disheartening after a while when there's no news. Especially after what happened to English Detective Mysteria and Aksys haven't announced another otome game yet. I hope Hakuoki for the PS3 did well for them. Also, the English version of Hakuoki is being released for iOS and Android in Asia. Furthermore, the only games IFI released so far are Compile Heart games and they rarely mention Otome games even when they are having contests. -_-

Well, I doubt everyone is going to agree on a single game. There's no way that I'm backing Wifebe---I mean Diabolik Lovers. Maybe people can suggest their top 3 otome games that they want to see localized and the reasons why. I don't see anything wrong with posting summaries and trailers for these games because not everyone will go out looking for this information or even know where to find it. The more people know about what games are coming out, then the more they can make an informed opinion about what otome games they would like to see in English. I know quite a bit about some of the otome games coming out for the Vita because of Visual Novel Database, but I don't know what otome games are going to be released for the PC. I try to keep track of them, but there's so many. @_@
    So, I think every piece of information helps.

I think making another thread with an otome game survey would be great. We would have to figure out what types of questions to ask. Also, it would be best to limit the suggestions to viable platforms like the PS3, Vita, PC, iOS/Android, and 3DS. I doubt that we are going to see anymore otome games for the PSP at this point.

5. Zabi

Zabi New Member

What happened to English Detective Mysteria? It's crossed out and I don't see a announcement anywhere of a English release.

6. Azami

Azami New Member

Project got canceled for unknown reasons, although it seems Xseed can't outright acknowledge it due to a non-disclosure agreement. There was never an official announcement for the title; Xseed teased a silhouette that matched one of the characters in the game. The closest we got to acknowledgment of the cancellation was a representative saying "we can't formally confirm that a title that was never announced isn't coming over after all" (as per this post: http://www.neogaf.co...13&postcount=76)

Which really is a shame, I wanted to play that game so bad. :( I hope that wasn't Xseed's last attempt to try to bring us an otome game. I'll just cross my fingers that they'll want to try again one day...

7. Zabi

Zabi New Member

On the bright side, PSP games do sometimes get fan translated. I myself am looking forward to the upcoming fan translation of Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 6. The question is if the upcoming game Tag Force Special will get a official release or if the fans will have to make matters into their own hands with that one too.

8. TenshiEffect

TenshiEffect New Member

Oops, sorry about that. I never realized that I didn't put cancelled by it. I just updated the status, so no one else will get confused about it.

You're not the only one. I was looking forward to playing that game. A few months ago, Tom did say they were looking at a few otome games.

9. luchikita

luchikita New Member

I wanted to find more information about the ps vita release of Princess Arthur, and from what I understand I think that the vita version is actually a ps+ exclusive trial (full game with missing features) that will expire early next year. A bit disappointing.

I don't think making a survey is that useful since XSEED can always can just go to the Aksys forums and look over the questions there to see what the fans said. I think if XSEED wants to know something specific that the Aksys survey doesn't cover then they would just make their own survey. I think the best course of action would be to realistically choose a couple of games and say why we're in favor of said game. And by realistic I mean take into account the company who the game belongs to, the platform, and mass appeal. For example, I don't think XSEED could publish a neoromance game (I wish ppl would bother KT more about them bringing over their otome games), Konami game, or maybe Broccoli (no idea if their ties with NIS prevents other publishers from licensing their games). Nor do I think that requesting a psp game is realistic since the platform itself is obsolete, and I think that the reason that XSEED is still releasing psp games is because they have had the licenses for awhile. I really wish XSEED would just tell us of the chances that they could license a psp otome.

This is so frustrating. There are so many games and so few opportunities.

10. Azami

Azami New Member

Yeah, I think narrowing the list down to just a couple of games would be much better. If you look at this thread, it's pretty much "Hey Xseed, here's 30+ different otome games of different genres on various different platforms! You should choose one!" With a more centralized focus, it's clearer to Xseed what type of games we actually want.

I'm thinking we should probably focus on the Vita games, since I don't think Xseed is going to consider anymore PSP games after Brandish and Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. Which is a shame since there's so many great PSP otome games, but the PSP is pretty much a dead platform.

I agree that those three companies you mentioned probably aren't feasible. Maybe we should stick with suggesting Idea Factory and Rejet games? I'd love to put Quinrose on the list, but all but one of their games are either PSP or PC. (Sweet Never Land is getting a Vita port though.)

Oh, that is interesting! I'm glad that they're still looking, I hope something comes of it one day.

11. Zabi

Zabi New Member

The problem with suggesting Idea Factory games is that Idea Factory is self publishing now.

12. luchikita

luchikita New Member

They are self publishing games that either have an established fan base (Neptunia), no one wanted to publish (MonMon), or in the most popular console with little competition (Quintet). Otome games are probably expensive to localize with little profit since they are a niche (VN) within a niche (otome). Granted, Hakuoki was probably successful but Sweet Fuse probably didn't do as well as Aksys hoped, which is probably why they're being a bit more cautious in choosing their next otome. IF does seem to want their otome games to sell in the west, hence them partnering up with NTTS to release Scarlet Fate and trying to convince a publisher to licence Amnesia, but they probably don't want to take on all the expenses of self publishing otome games on their own.

13. TenshiEffect

TenshiEffect New Member

The only games IFI are localizing are Compile Heart games and they barely even advertise the Otomate brand on their website. :/
    Even when they have a contest, it's a Neptunia contest. Every time someone asks them about localizing their otome games, they say they will take it into consideration. In the meanwhile, they have localized about 6 Compile Heart games. I understand that it takes a lot of time and effort to localize a visual novel. But if they never had any plans to localize their own otome games, I would rather be told up front.

Really? That's very disappointing to hear. Princess Arthur is one of the games that I really wanted to be localized.

I do agree that we need to up the ante. After much thought, I do believe your idea is more practical in the long run. There so many otome games, so it may be hard to narrow the list down. So, do you suggest we make one thread per otome game or another thread with different otome games listed and the reasons why we want them to be translated? Maybe we can vote on which games to ask for and pick the top 5, so everyone can be united for the cause. I don't know if Xseed would take another chance on a PSP otome game after what happened to English Detective Mysteria. Like you said, we need to keep careful consideration of the titles being suggested and whether or not they are viable. Also, since of the one games currently being teased by Xseed is a D3 publisher game, maybe now we can suggest their otome games like Vamwolf Cross†. [Nevermind, bad reviews] Lol! ^-^;

14. luchikita

luchikita New Member

A bit disappointed that we didn't get a tease for an otome game, but I'm not giving up.

Vamwolf Cross sounds really interesting, even more than Otoko Yuukaku (I've played the mobile version and it was meh), but I think we should wait in suggesting D3 games because they do seem interested in expanding in the English market on their own. They did said that if their mobile games do well, than they might translate their other otome merchandise. I think they might have meant their manga, cd dramas, and stuff like that but that might include their vita games as well. In any case, we should at least wait until VC comes out to see if it's actually a good game.

I don't see the need to make a new thread because I'm pretty sure XSEED still reads this one.

Anyway, I already have my list.

Ken ga Kimi for V: This title seems to have a bit of an English fandom (the pc version is getting a fan translation) so it could find a measure of success if it gets localized. The art is good, the plot has been praised, and the individual character routes don't have a lot of overlap. The only downside I can see is that this game is long and story focused, which might be a bit tiring.

Code: Realize: This game has received a lot of praise, and it was actually pretty popular in Amazon Japan. Its focus is more plot than romance and the heroine sounds awesome, which might appeal to a larger audience than the usual otome crowd.

Kaeru Batake DE Tsukamaete: This seems to be a bit overlook, but from I've heard the game is lighthearted and sweet, and the heroine is awesome.

Clock Zero: The shotas are so cute and their grown up forms are hot. It's also another one of those title that I keep hearing people mention a lot so it definitely has its fans.

Norn9 ~Norn + Nonette~ VAR COMMONS: This is getting an anime, so the games are bound to get more popular. I heard that the story has a lot of plot holes but that the characters are so great that it doesn't matter that much.

I wanted to avoid spoilers so I'm not actually that familiar with the plot of any of these games, but they all have received a positive reception, and the bit I let myself read sounds really good.

15. LinksFantasy

LinksFantasy New Member

Its good to see a few bl games getting localised, Aksys is pretty good at localising Otome games I just wish you could choose to play as either a girl or guy in these games.

16. Azami

Azami New Member

Hey guys, just in case you haven't heard, MangaGamer is running a visual novel licensing survey, so it's our chance to tell them we want more otome/BL games! Just make sure to suggest PC games, since MangaGamer doesn't publish handheld or console games.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13a8QHOhDX44j6O22EsN3L73AwNTezr22gnWfIlRNAig/viewform

When you get to the "which company do you want to see more of" section, Poni-Patchet is the company who made OZMAFIA!! and parade is the company that made No, Thank You!!! Make sure to thank them for bringing over those two games in the comments too! :) No, Thank You!!! also went up for preorder last night if you want to help support more BL games coming over west.

17. luchikita

luchikita New Member

Well, by now we know that XSEED is not releasing an otome game, at least not this year. But the good news is that we are getting Amnesia from IFI, and there's still a chance that we might get an otoge from Aksys. I'm not giving up on XSEED yet, but for now I'm going to wait until there's more original non-otomate games for vita.

Anyway, the real reason I came back to this thread is because I found out something about English Detective Mysteria; I was browsing the Japanese PSN and I noticed that EDM doesn't have a downloadable version, even though VNDB says it does. Digging a bit more in the Marvelous JP site and I found out that the contract between Karin and them in regards to the game had expired so that must have been why XSEED couldn't localize it at the end.I realize this is old news and what's done is done. but I thought it was an interesting tidbit.

18. taimea

taimea New Member

so now we are getting OZ Mafia . Code: Realize ~Sousei no Himegimi~ and Amnesia. now if xseed did bring over one too that be cool. though i would like to see game other vita games then by idea over.

19. Skyprincess

Skyprincess New Member

Originally Posted by Bonnyrockchic
    I started this petition so Aksys games can localise Hakuouki sweet school life in English. Please support this and please click on the link. Oh and please share this to anyone who loves otome games as we need people's support, thanks
    https://www.change.org/p/aksys-games-please-listen
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I already supported this, please do so too, if you want this game to get localized. :wub:

20. Qualar

Qualar New Member

Aksys Games presently has two Otomo games confirmed for physical release on the PlayStation Vita later this year.

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
    [​IMG]
    Tentatively scheduled to release on November 24th, 2015.
    Aksys Game Announcement Page:
    http://www.aksysgame...f-rebirth-vita/
    Official US Website:
    http://aksysgames.com/code-realize/

Norn9: Var Commons
    [​IMG]
    Tentatively scheduled to release on November 10th, 2015.
    Aksys Game Announcement Page:
    http://www.aksysgame...r-commons-vita/
    Official US Website:
    http://aksysgames.com/norn9/