Otome Game Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TenshiEffect, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Azami

Azami New Member

I'm not a fan of the mobile otome games, but was excited to see they ported an Otomate game. Then I realized there's no sound. :/

Maybe I'll give it another try one day, but I'm feeling kind of meh about the "wait or pay" system too. I would love if they made the actual game available on PSN.

2. Skyprincess

Skyprincess New Member

I was so happy about this game, since it's from Otomate and a part of the Hiiro no Kakera series - But after playing for some time, it get's really frustrating... T-T
    The whole "wait or pay" thing, no music, no voice acting, the lacking parts of the story and the extremely small screen (it's only the half of the cellphone screen)...

It was worth the try, but no more mobile games please! I hope Idea Factory can be convinced to bring Shirohana no Ori (Hiiro no Kakera 4) as console or download version! There are many people who would be really happy about that (since most fans don't like mobile games at all)! Personally, I would LOVE to play the whole story in the original quality, since it sounds pretty interessting!

3. centen

centen New Member

I would take DD over not having the game localized at all. So many of these look awesome, but Starry Skies is the only one on a system I own (3DS). Which would be fine, since that one is easily in my top three for games I want to see localized.

4. Azami

Azami New Member

Here's a couple more suggestions for the thread ~

Will O' Wisp

[​IMG]

Platform: PSP, PS2, DS

Summary: Hanna is a young woman living alone in a London home with her living doll maid Emily. Her grandfather was a very well known maker of these dolls, and dolls of all sorts, and she is also a novice doll maker. She discovers two old keys among his belongings. One opens the door to a basement workshop area, where she finds a large black coffin. Inside, she discovers the living-doll Will. The other key is his, and she then winds him up. (via Siliconera)

---

Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu

[​IMG]

Platform: PSP

Summary: The heroine, Katagiri Kaede, goes to a ninja school! She lost her parents very young and her grandmother at 16, and is trying to become a ninja. She attends a local ninjutsu dojo, and one day meets the head of the Sanada Secondary Training Campus (founded by Sanada Yukimura after beating Tokugawa Ieyasu), which trains ninja. He invites her to take a ninja exam, and she agrees, transferring to the school to do a short-term study before taking the test. On her first day, she accidentally uses an advanced technique that makes her male classmates go melomelo (lose their heads) over her when her heart thumps! (via Lijakaca's Otome Gaming Blog)

---

Desert Kingdom

[​IMG]

Platform: PSP, PS2

Summary: In this game, you are the majin princess Aspashia. She lives in the magic kingdom of EVUU, but one day suddenly her magic disappears. Her father, the king, says it must be because her mother was human. Aspashia is shocked, and to get her magic back, goes down to earth and eventually ends up in the desert country Kingdom (yup, that’s its name!). Aspashia finds that to get her magic back, she has to grant the wishes of humans. She slowly gets it back by granting small wishes, but to get a large amount back, she must grant the true, large wishes of someone. However people keep these secret, so it takes a long time for her to figure them out, time that she can’t use to grant small wishes. Aspashia only has a limited amount of time to get all her magic back, or she’ll have to remain on earth as a human for the rest of her life. It seems that to finish the game you have to pick one guy whose wish you’ll grant and get to know him enough to know his wish. (via Lijakaca's Otome Gaming Blog)

---

Snow Bound Land

[​IMG]

Platform: PSP

Summary: Based on the fairytale "The Snow Queen"by Hans Christian Andersen. One day, the main character Gerda and some others were cursed by a mirror. What fate awaits them as they embark on a journey to undo the curse? Gerda has lived in a small town together with her childhood friend Kai since she's was young. She lived peacefully surrounded by her beloved flowers. One day, Kai obtains a mirror that is said to grant wishes. The timid and sickly Orva, he energetic apprentice cook Craes and the traveling swordsman with no sense of direction Aje also happened to be present. As they doubtfully peek into the mirror, it suddenly smashes into tiny pieces. They are engulfed in light and lose consciousness. After that, Gerda and the others awaken to find that the fragments of the mirror have vanished without a trace. Not understanding what happened, they start on the road home without feeling any disaster had occurred. But the next day certain changes are appearing on their bodies!?

5. Skyprincess

Skyprincess New Member

Nice! You definitely have my support! :wub:

UPDATE:
    Hey everybody!
    I just found out about an otome game, which will get an english translation in the near future!
    It's a PC game called "OZMAFIA!!" and it's based on the story "The Wizard of OZ".
    The Art is really beautiful, so I'm super-curious about this game! Can't wait to get more infos! :wub:

Here are some links, if you want to check it out too:
    http://www.englishotomegames.net/
    http://girls.hobibox.net/data/ozmafia/

6. Azami

Azami New Member

I'm excited that OZMAFIA!! is getting a localization. The art looks nice and Wizard of Oz themed stuff is usually fun. Otome Jikan gave it a pretty good review.

It looks like MangaGamer is going to enter into the otome market too. They're going to have a "few announcements that all the ladies should love" during their Anime Expo panel next week.

They also are dropping hints throughout the week about their Anime Expo announcements and just said something about "protagonists with amnesia" ... hmm... nah, that's way too obvious to be Amnesia. Maybe they're collaborating with Poni-Pachet to bring over OZMAFIA!!? Since that protagonist also has amnesia...

7. Skyprincess

Skyprincess New Member

Is it only me, or do the girls in otome games pretty often have amnesia...?

Nevertheless, I'm super exicted for this year's Anime Expo!
    Hopefully there are some good news from Aksys and NISA as well!

8. HoursLeft

HoursLeft New Member

The title they've been mainly hinting at is not an otome game FYI. It's a yaoi/BL game called "No, Thank You!!!". I'm personally excited about it, but it's definitely a game for adults only.

9. dunno001

dunno001 Member

Osmafia... No, Thank You... I can think of only 2 words to say: "Yes, please!" I guess I could use "Shut up and take my money!", but that's a long longer.

10. Azami

Azami New Member

MangaGamer are the ones localizing OZMAFIA!! after all. They're aiming to release it on Steam. No word on a release date though.

https://twitter.com/...911661413703680

They also officially confirmed that they're bringing over "No, Thank You!!!" as well.

11. dunno001

dunno001 Member

I saw that announcement! Hopefully this is only the beginning of many more to come...

12. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Wow, those are two visual novels I'll buy. I wish they could localize that other, more expensive otome game.

13. HoursLeft

HoursLeft New Member

I'm very excited for No, Thank You!!!

It's great that it's official now.

14. Shinko45

Shinko45 New Member

I would love to see any of these games localized! I would definitely purchase any of these, digital download or physical copy. Just bring them over here and you shall get my money and full support.

15. Azami

Azami New Member

Here's another game I'd love to see come over. Ken ga Kimi, an Edo-era otome game by Rejet, is being ported to PS Vita in Spring 2015.

[​IMG]

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJFp9sbKzDk

Summary: Taking place during the early stages of the Edo period, this is Rejet’s first Japanese-inspired tale. Kayo, our heroine, is the daughter of a food & tea houseliving with her father. One day, she was asked an odd favor by the Princess of Sunpu Castellan, to take her place in a marriage promenade. Because Kayo and the Princess are splitting images of each other….

Bewildered, but with her mind set, Kayo departs on her journey from Tokaido region with six samurai for bodyguards on the marriage promenade to Edo, Hakone, Mishima, up till the destination in Sunpu.

And so, the wheel of destiny begins to spin.

On the way towards Edo, she becomes caught up in youkai with destructive abilities, as well as the ‘Sword Retrieving Imperial Match’ that concerns the legendary five great swords, which is really a cover for a sickening ritual being performed…..

Through the criss-crossing and intertwining of paths, finally the road splits into two.
    One, living with the sword in the path of war.
    Two, living with you in the path of peace.

The destiny they find their way through to is……? (via konnistique's tumblr)

Aksys has already showed that otome games based on Edo-era politics and demons can be successful with Hakuouki. I would love if Xseed gave this game a chance.

16. TenshiEffect

TenshiEffect New Member

We can mark one more game off the list because Heart no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder
    World~ has been translated. :D
    There's even the option to buy it with or without the voices.

Alice in the Heart ~Wonderful Wonder World~
    [​IMG]
    Summary: Once your “heart “is captivated by this world, you can’t return.
    The heroine is a realist, and she is not romantic at all. She never wants to have a love relationship. A dangerous place where she was involuntarily taken into is the Country of Hearts. It is a world with a fairy-tale atmosphere, but only buildings and small animals are mellow. Actually, it is a dangerous world. Hatter is the mafia and it is normal for employees of the amusement park to have a gun. Most of residents are dangerous and they always start fighting and killing each other. Moreover, a dispute over territories broke out and it becomes the three-way struggle among the Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, and the Gowland.

The heroine who wants to go home but can’t was forced to have a strange medicine (not voluntarily). She thought that this is a dream and decided to enjoy her extraordinary life.Which side should she take part in and how should she act in order to go back to the original world? The heroine is less enthusiastic about a love relationship than anyone. Can she have a serious love relationship?

You can get it from iTunes or Google Play.

17. Azami

Azami New Member

I was excited to see Alice get an official translation (because OMG QUINROSE GAME IN ENGLISH) and started playing it... but the translation is TERRIBLE. T_T I couldn't even make it through the prologue. It's like someone slapped the text into Google Translate and placed it back in the game. I guess they didn't have a native English speaker edit the game... :/

18. TenshiEffect

TenshiEffect New Member

Yeah... I noticed how bad the translation was while playing through the prologue. I just hope that they will fix the dismal translation. I will be more than happy to buy the full package once they do so. -_-

19. TenshiEffect

TenshiEffect New Member

Soukai Buccaneers! (Vita)
    [​IMG]
    Trailer
    Summary: A 16-year-old girl whose mother passed away when she was a child, and her father has gone missing. She dreams of becoming a seafaring adventurer, having been influenced by watching church plays, hearing epic heroic tales and learning that her missing father was also an adventurer who crossed the ocean. To fulfill this desire, she leaves the town in which she had comfortably lived, and ventured to the port, King’s Bridge. Shortly after her arrival, she gets caught up in a tussle and ends up acting in unison with pirates. From then on, she grew interested in them. Two methods of being able to go to sea appear before her- one being “pirates”, and the other, the “navy”.

Will she choose to live her life as a pirate aboard their ship; joining the elusive and whimsical crew lead by its chivalrous yet self-centred ore-sama captain and the always calm, cool and collected deputy captain with a scary smile? Or will she join the ranks of the navy; answering to a young-looking naval commanding officer who’s proud of his nobility and the older, taciturn deputy commanding officer who exudes an aura of depth? Which will the protagonist (Rian Lawrence) choose? What kind of adventurer will she become? Who will become the closest partner at her side?
    Soukai Buccaneers! Website

Trailers
    Reine des Fleurs Trailer
    Code: Realize Trailer
    Nekketsu Inou Bukatsu-tan Trigger Kiss Trailer 1 & Trailer 2

20. TenshiEffect

TenshiEffect New Member

Kokuchou no Psychedelica (Vita)
    English Title: Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
    [​IMG]
    Trailer 1 & Trailer 2
    Summary: A suspense love story that unfolds in the mysterious fantasy mansion.
    While falling deeper and deeper, you can only hear the sound of rain. Also, the sound of a cry. The girl wakes up and she is in a mansion. A strange evil monster goes after the confused girl. The girl thinks while running away from the monster. Where is this place? Who am I? The girl who lost all her memories and everything related to joins the group of boys who are in the same circumstances. The weapons they hold are mysterious hand guns. To stay alive and survive they must start the [Black Butterfly Hunt], and collect the [Pieces of Kaleidoscope] from the monsters. In the mansion where despair and betrayal whirls, will they find hope for future—(x)

Hanasaku Manimani (PSP, Vita, PS3)
    [​IMG]
    Trailer
    Summary: Our heroine, Nao, is a high school student living in the present world. One day, Nao came to a nearby shrine for the summer festival… and somehow she got thrown back in time. When she opens her eyes, she finds herself in an unfamiliar land. A peculiar scenery lies before her eyes. It appears that she experienced a time slip back into the period of intense upheaval—the Edo period. The town she landed in is really different from the present world. Nao is incredibly shocked and troubled. With no idea of how to return to the present, Nao is at loss when she meets a young man named Kurama. He offers to help her, and even though she has doubts, she has no place to return in Edo. She decides to rely on his kindness, and so he takes her to live at his acquaintance's place—a brothel called "Manju-ya".

However, Manju-ya is different from a regular brothel. Along with time, Nao starts finding out the secrets behind the place. She learns things hidden by the people who work there, at the same time growing closer to them. They want to touch, but they can't.They want to convey, but they can't. Irritation towards the unchangeable truth. The "truth" and "will" hidden behind the screen. In an endless cycle called fate, Nao finds a lot of feelings and begins to grow up. (x)

ROOT∞REXX (Vita)
    [​IMG]
    Trailer
    Summary: A band that received an explosive hit record with a debut single, the rock band [REXX]. Attendance NG, in PVs they are exposed as image characters of the members, and they will not hold live events, with words spreading verbally, they have grabbed the attention of the public. One day, without even releasing a second single they announce hiatus. Reasons were not announced and caused confusion, following the incident the debut single is still being purchased, and as the days pass the fans still grow in numbers. Over time in the industry they became known as the Legendary Band.

After 1 year, the heroine whose heart has been captured by the sound of REXX, finds one demo CD while in the middle of transferring schools. That CD was an unpublished music of REXX!! And to follow it up, 5 high school students appear and state they are REXX. To the boys who said the will not make anymore music, the heroine decides. "In order to revive REXX, I will do anything!" Entangled in the past the group plays in disharmony, with this will REXX even be able to revive…!? (x)