Nintedo Direct Discussion

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Chaosblade77, Feb 13, 2014.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot about Torna. 5 games. But I am mostly buying that physically because it is the same price as just getting the season pass almost with the discount. I'm not even sure if Torna counts as a game...

I have plenty of games though, so I'm not super affected, but yeah, has been a rough year. Least it will be picking up as far as the masses are concerned.

2. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

It wasn't great, but it was, IMO, much better than their E3 presentation. I've never been a huge Smash person, so that was a train wreck for me, personally. Still didn't really sell me on the subscription service.

3. DustyStarr

Even people that like Smash didn't like that presentation yeah. My friend is a HUGE smash fanboy, like his fav series, and he hated it.

4. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

lol

True, but first you need to make a several hundred dollar investment. Suddenly $20 per year sounds pretty nice.

5. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

If you have a halfway modern PC it's likely sufficient. Even Atom CPUs can almost run it at full speed for 1v1.

6. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

I was kind of shocked that they suggested new players (aka me) start with Torna THEN go into XBC 2 proper. I understand its a prequel but... Wut? Isnt the main game more important and this one optional? Or just PR talk to get people to buy both games?

7. Chaosblade77

Nobody has played it yet so it's hard to say. Before they gave any details, Takahashi said the DLC campaign was being developed so that anyone could play and enjoy it, but it would be better with context from XB2.

8. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I prefer static posts to live chatting, vocal or text, so
    They have said that when they were making the main game, originally the Torna portion was the beginning of it, but they had to chop it out because it made the game too big, so they decided to focus on Rex and how things went forward from his time. So from that standpoint, it's kind of reasonable to play Torna first, imo. Won't know how I feel about the order of the content until I've played it.

That Direct was automatically made awesome for me by Animal Crossing. Once I had that announcement, there's really nothing left for me to care about. :) (I still expect to see Ace Attorney at TGS though, of course.)

9. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Paying for online is very sort of follow-the-leader to me.
    They made the free NES games a better offer than original announcement way back when, but it's still incredibly weak.

Most people will just share a family account I imagine though, seeing as it works for up to 8 accounts.

10. AnimeGamer183

But I wonder if XB2 would be better with context from Torna? I wanna dive into this now so badly... I have the game right here. I need a switch >___<

11. AnimeGamer183

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Apparently there is no mobile port of it or something? Tech-related maybe?

Direct was ok. Some people LOVED it. Was hoping for more Yo-Kai watched before 3DS is done :/ At least no segment went too long and it wasn't boring. A few surprised in there though. Really expected a Metroid teaser, but I guess not :/

13. DustyStarr

I don't think Metroid will be coming next year honestly, it did not even seem like they were far into development at all last E3.

14. banballow

I read something last night about it being related to the song "Eyes on Me". I have absolutely no way to prove that, but it's as possible as anything I suppose.

15. Chaosblade77

I could see it being a November/December release if it was well underway when announced. Hard to say, since all that was revealed as a placeholder logo. Fire Emblem is the more strange absence since it was originally slated for 2018 then early 2019. Either it's getting another delay or there will be a Fire Emblem Direct for it sometime closer to release.

16. AnimeGamer183

Square has enough money so licensing Eyes on Me shouldnt be an issue. I think its because FFVIII is controversial to some, it had big shoes to fill after FFVII, it sold alot of copies (much more than FFIX), but some fans werent as satisfied, also the drop off in sales from VIII to IX kinda shows where the Final Fantasy Hype Train was headed, then the bomb that was FFX dropped and it was super popular again. Idk, its probably alot of reasons, all I know is that as of right now there are no plans to port FFVIII and thats really frustrating I mean just say seven nine and ten, then read my tweet above x3

17. banballow

Dammit...
    ... Mario Maker 2, Dragon Quest XI S, Oninaki, Tetris Royale, Hellblade, Assassin's Creed, Astral Chain, Legend of Zelda... and I'm downloading Final Fantasxy IX right now!! *Throws money at screen*

18. Chaosblade77

Will probably skip Mario Maker 2, unless it includes a significant number of Nintendo-made levels. Making levels isn't fun, and finding good levels isn't either.

Yoshi on sale probably.

Astral Chain might be neat.

Link's Awakening remake sounds good, I like LttP but never played LA.

Fire Emblem... oof. I'm not feeling it at all. School setting is complete trash, always has been and always will be. And it doesn't even look like something that the game will be able to move on from since it's so ingrained into the mechanics.

I can say I truly know what it feels like to grow out of series/genres now. It's such a bad feeling.

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Such a beefy Direct! I wasn't expecting this much, but it has been a while for any news...

I get the sentiment with the whole "Fire Emblem... but in school!!" We have so so so many anime/games set in school... I'm reallllly hoping it expands from there and gets more into a story away from that setting.

20. Chaosblade77

Instructor having relationships with students and having kids magically appear due to time travel/pocket dimensions/whatever is going to be super creepy.