Lord Of Magna: Maiden Heaven Officially Coming West

Discussion in 'Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven' started by Augen76, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Nowhere near RF4 or Story of Seasons level. It's much more in keeping with most standard RPGs we work on -- somewhere in the 200k characters range, if I'm not mistaken (as opposed to 1 million+ for RF4 and Story of Seasons). On the same level as Unchained Blades, Corpse Party, etc.

-Tom

2. Tsuiokuhen

Tsuiokuhen New Member

Makes sense, given the lack of sim elements. Thank you for the info, Tom.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Wow Story of Seasons was over a million?? No wonder it took a bit to work on!

4. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

Whut, don't key normally either have bittersweet endings that are overall still positive, or just straight up good endings after lots of feels? Actually just out of curiosity what are you referring to by VA?

Adding the little blurbs they say sounds cool. I recall one or two other games doing it but I can't remember them right now (maybe it was Danganronpa?). Certainly makes it feel a little more alive.

Anyway I'm still curious about the difficulty if anyone's played it (no biggy if not).

EDIT: Also I think it's hilarious that the bath scene is the only fanservice in the game. I remember a bunch of people flipping out in the comments of siliconera dismissing it as a fanservice game (which apparently is bad) because there was ever so slight boob jiggle for 1 second in the pv trailer. To the point they were trashing the company who made the games and saying they've got worse since RF4 and etc.

5. guntel

guntel New Member

yep, just realized that when I look up a bit lol. but is there any reason why the jap voice can't be implemented?
    considering that is what would come originally wouldn't it be very easy or considerably easy and cheaper than putting in an english dub?
    I am not a savvy programmer, but it should be something that is not too hard no. I have been wondering about this for all the game that only have 1 language voice...

6. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

They weren't able to get the rights to use the Japanese voice acting.

7. AuroraSpark

AuroraSpark New Member

Been looking forward to this game ever since it was released in Japan, although I do have some questions:

1. Although I know that you do not handle releases in the UK, but after the debacle that was the launch of SK:SV in the EU by Marvelous Europe, I must say I would feel better if you handled the release over here, or at the very least get a dedicated publisher such as ZenUnited (previous publisher of SK:B here in the UK)

2. Do you have any information on a possible UK release, preferably physical... I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we do not want to get shafted on a physical release such as what happened with SK:SV because to be honest digital only games cost a butt-ton

3. You mentioned that nothing would be censored when it comes out in america, and that's great to hear... that's what marvelous EU pretty much implied when brining out SK:SV and I really hope they have learnt their lesson.

I realise this was more harping on about MarvelousEU but can you really blame me? It was their first major release and we were practically lied to, giving way to mistrust, so you can understand if I don't fully trust them to say "Oh don't worry, we won't change anything... Would we lie? *insert shifty eyes*"

8. Wyrdwad

Sorry, that was me acronyming, when I often get on other people's cases for acronyming. ;) The VA stands for "Visual Art's" (with the unfortunate apostrophe), which is the rest of their name. They are collectively known as Key/Visual Art's.

And no, Key isn't always overall positive. Check out
    Air
    sometime -- the anime or the game -- and you'll see EXACTLY what I mean. That has to be the single most depressing ending I've ever seen!

Well, we didn't add the blurbs, we just rearranged them to suit their situations a little better. Which, as Hatsuu said, is something we don't typically have the ability to do, so it's kind of exciting!

Again, I haven't finished the game, but I don't recall it being too difficult, nor do I recall it being too easy. It struck a good balance where I had to keep on top of things, but never felt like the game was giving me an unfair deal.

Unfortunately, unless and until we announce (or someone else announces) an EU release, I can't really answer any of these questions. I will make certain your feedback is taken under advisement, though.

-Tom

9. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

Ah so far of theres I've only watched Angel Beats and Clannad. Looking forward to Charlotte though.

And yeah that's what I meant, keeping them in even though it's dubbed. And thanks for the feedback on difficulty :)

10. NinjaPokeball

NinjaPokeball New Member

Thank you Tom and Hatsuu for taking the tine to help answer my questions, and the questions of others here!

1) Tom said some faeries have romantic endings, while some gave deep friendship sort of endings, I'm curious how I can find out in this game, I certainly don't want my first playthrough to end up on some friendship route... I guess my question is whether I can tell which faerie has romance route/ending without having to reach the ending to find out....?

2) thank you for confirming that the mc can vs renamed!

3) are there anime cutscenes?

4) is there a gallery of some sort to reward key visuals or cutsceNes?

5) are there difficulty levels?

11. Hatsuu

Hatsuu XSEED admin

1.) There's not really a way to gauge this without going into spoilers. This isn't a simulation game, more like an RPG where you can spend personal moments with a chosen character during certain times where you'll get to know them more. It's not like you can have either friendship, romance, or something else with any given character based on certain decisions; it's more like each character has a certain chemistry towards the main character that could be considered more familial, romantic, or friendly because that's how their personalities mesh and it makes sense that way. So there's no 'choice' involved outside of choosing the heroine you want to spend time with, and the relationship will play itself as part of the story. Just spend time with a character you like and the relationship between the two will naturally progress from there (plus, the heroine you spend time with during these 'HEART Events' will gain special attacks for every time you choose to spend getting to know her).

2.) Keep in mind that it's just the first name, Luchs, which can be changed. His last name, Eduard, is directly tied to the story and cannot be changed.

3.) Yes, quite a few!

4.) Yes, there's a gallery for all art stills and animated cutscenes. This wasn't in the Japanese version initially, but was patched in later. You won't have to worry about patching in anything, as it'll be implemented into the game from the very start for the NA version. Also, if you enjoyed a particular HEART Event with a heroine, you can even replay those cutscenes any time you want from the menu once they're unlocked.

5.) There are Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulties, which you can choose in the Options menu. This was also part of the patch in Japan, but again, it'll be there right from the start for the NA version.

12. Azami

Azami New Member

Since we're asking questions, I thought I'd throw mine in real quick as well. I was hoping to learn more about the Heart Events. Do they act, say, like Social Links in Persona? Can you do Heart Events with multiple characters or only the character whose ending you're aiming for? Thanks in advance!

13. Hatsuu

Hatsuu XSEED admin

Yeah, that's a good way to look at them. During certain parts of the story, certain heroines will have heart marks over their heads. Not all of them, usually between 1-3. You then choose which heroine to hang out with and your bond will grow after the event, earning new skills in battle for both the heroine and Luchs. Do multiple events with a certain heroine and it'll go towards who becomes the main heroine of the story, though the results don't differ so drastically that you have to freak out about replaying the game seven times to see hugely different endings.

While you can only choose one HEART Event at a time before the story moves forward, you will never be cut off from any events because you started hanging out with a certain heroine. So, like, intentionally setting yourself with one path won't change which HEART Events are available for any girls at any time--those are always set in stone. You could even just reload your game after finishing a HEART Event and choose to participate in one of the the other 1-3 events currently available at that time so you can see every event in one playthrough. Your save data would only record the one you chose last since that's the event you'll be saving with, of course, but it's not a bad deal if you're just interested in getting to know all the characters without replaying the game. Adds a good chunk of time to your playthrough, too.

Also, since I mentioned multiple playthroughs, there IS New Game+. You can carry over the stats of 2 characters, 5 items, and all HEART Events, in-game achievements, and gallery items (cutscenes and art stills) will carry over. There actually is an in-game achievement for completing the HEART Events of 4 heroines, which is only possible through NG+, so achievement hunters may enjoy that quite a bit.

14. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

What an odd NG+

15. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

Amazon has it listed for May 26

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00TKLFEVA/189-27-20/

Of course that may just be a placeholder but I seem to recall Shinovi having the placeholder date be the real one. It's still quite a ways away if so :(

16. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

A game where there really isn't a harem, even though there's a lot of girls with you and a guy? Well, that's a good change in pace, not that I have anything against harems, but it's nice to see something different, you know?

17. YvoCaro

YvoCaro New Member

I've played part of the Japanese game and I loved the battles. But due to the loads of Japanese text I had the feeling that I missed lots of the game, so I'm very glad it will be coming West!

18. souledge94

souledge94 New Member

Hey just wanted to say thanks for english dubbing the game. Im happy you guys were able to fit it in the budget. I know there are just friends and romance routes I just hope the character I have my eye on is one of the romance routes. Also are you guys planing a LE of any kind?

19. Ryviel21

Ryviel21 New Member

will the Opening Theme song of this game dubbed in english or kept in japanese language?

20. Wyrdwad

Definitely not dubbing it. Barring any last-minute licensing issues (which is very unlikely), our version should be featuring the original Japanese opening theme.

-Tom