Lord Of Magna Discussion

Discussion in 'Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven' started by Wyrdwad, May 14, 2015.

1. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Having played more than five hours, I am afraid I am not enjoying much the game. The story, character interactions and dialogue are unappealing to me and consist of 90% of the game.

2. souledge94

souledge94 New Member

Iv beaten the game and well it was fun. I enjoyed the interaction between the characters and the heart moments. some things that bug me is you cant carry over everyones level after beating the game and have to choose. Also I would of liked the option to skip scenes instead of fast forwarding. Im mainly replaying to see the rest of the heart moments and the different things characters say when you make the girl choice. So yea thanks xseed for bringing it over I enjoyed it those are just my little nit picks.

3. Gammalad

Gammalad New Member

For the people who beat the game I have one question *spoiler?*

Can you romance Amelia or have any interactions with her or no?

4. Kitsunekos

Kitsunekos New Member

Nope, you can't romance Amelia. There are no heart events for her or anything, but you can talk to her throughout the game whenever she appears in the story. At most, you can get a bunch of cute ship teasing moments with all the girls with their heart events.

5. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Yeah I like the game too but it would really be nice if you could skip scenes instead of just fast forwarding.

There is some replay value in doing more playthroughs to see the heart events but sadly the ending is basically always the same no matter what girl you pick. I just finished my 2nd play not sure if I'll finish this 3rd one. If I do this will be the last.

6. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Finished this game yesterday and in the end, the game is... Harmless. It's not that it's not good, but it's the same game I've been playing for years, little new to make up for that fact.

7. YvoCaro

YvoCaro New Member

I'm in the final battle, and though I enjoyed playing it, the game does feel like it's not finished. I like the battles, but I don't like the way you can't craft in between the big battles. I mean, now that I'm in the final boss battles I get so many good items, but nothing I can do with them.
    Plus, I feel the game could have been much more, with an unused bulletin board and a town that's obviously there, but nothing to do except battling. Pity, because overall it kept my attention!

8. flarecde

flarecde Member

Yeah. It was a fun game but definitely had potential to be more. I'm hoping for a sequel that expands on it though.

9. tilinelson2

Mr. Slow has played 15 hours and is still on chapter eight. Up to now, I have nothing bad to say about the game, but nothing that stands out as well. Maybe Charlotte, but it is not over the expectations.

10. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

you talking about the board in Luch's room? It gets photos on it from your level 3 heart events

11. Painmaster212

Painmaster212 New Member

I completed this game a few days after i picked it up at launch and i enjoyed it, I just wish there was different endings depending on which girl you end up choosing. It was a very well packaged game too with the included soundtrack and outer box!

12. tilinelson2

Game finished. I have put my detailed impressions on the backlog thread from General Discussion, but overall, I think the game needed more substance. There are many features that could add a lot to the gameplay (quests, bathing salts, crafting, etc), but they don't because they are very superficial. You can get something nice from these features, but they aren't really needed.

Most of the useful items and the most useful skills are obtained from the shop or through developing the relationship with the girls, so you can easily beat the game without crafting, making sidequests or using the salts. I don't know whether Marvelous plans to expand the game as a series or use the same framework for other games, but if they do, I hope they improve these gameplay aspects for the future.