Lord Of Magna Discussion

Discussion in 'Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven' started by Wyrdwad, May 14, 2015.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Figured I'd start a more general discussion topic, and start it off by linking to Brittany's most recent (and highly informative!) blog entry:

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/118479629945/lord-of-magna-maiden-heaven-localization-blog

The second part of this blog entry should be coming tomorrow, so do be looking forward to that!

-Tom

2. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

I almost forgot it will come in less than two weeks.

3. tilinelson2

By the way, the site is cool, but it looks like no one cares. Despite the horrid character graphics during battle and exploration, the game looks solid. Time to remover the piles of dust over my 3DS.

4. Hummy

Hummy New Member

The new site looks nice and well made.I like the book/brochure motif that was used for it.

It's probably a strange question that doesn't deserve its own thread, but does any of the XSEED staff know how prominent of a role Masahide Miyata had on this game? I found that I usually prefer the games he works on as far as Neverland's games go, like the Lufia/RF series (he Rengoku/Shining Force games they developed didn't appeal to me as much)and he's pretty much the only person that still worked at the company since their SNES games, so I was wondering.

5. flarecde

flarecde Member

I really liked seeing the English VAs get credit and seeing a bit written about them. That doesn't happen often.

6. tilinelson2

Le I at the Lord of Magna launch:
    [​IMG]

7. souledge94

souledge94 New Member

woot got my copy thanks xseed.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Forgot this was an XSEED release! Open up the box and the CD isn't in a flimsy card envelope, it's in a... what do you call this style of CD case? Not to mention the (nowadays rare sight of a) full colour manual. AND to top it off, back cover art to accent the hole punches of the 3DS case^^ Not many games utilize that for prettiness!

Who knows when I'll be playing this, but it's great to look it and I'll be ripping the CD soon :)

9. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Yeah I was impressed it has a full color instruction booklet. Game is great so far. I'm a little over 5 hours in.

10. flarecde

flarecde Member

Ooh, they did that again? They did that with Rune Factory 4 and it was cool.

Amazon botched the shipping on mine and shipped it late, so I won't get it until today :(.

11. tilinelson2

Dang, I'd love that color manual, but prices are so expensive nowadays in my country that I am fine without that.

So far 4% of download. I don't know why my 3DS is so slow to download games, but I am playing Moe Chronicles anyway. Can't wait to play a good 3DS game again after two years.

12. flarecde

flarecde Member

So glad you guys included a soundtrack, and a pretty comprehensive one at that. I really like the music in this game.

I like how expressive the little chibi models are too. I'm not the biggest fan of that art style, but it's well done.

13. tilinelson2

I have played it for a bit (1,5h), and the combat looks interesting with its unique features. The story is still a lot of mandatory gibberish, but I expect it to get better later. For my tastes, the chibi models are an abomination, but the 2d portraits and animated sequences are good.

Another thing to add is that it looks like the first cut is the deepest, but let's see.

14. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

So I heard this is a grindless SRPG? Because that's my fav type.

15. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I've only done 2 free battles at the beginning of the game and after that I have ignored them entirely. They are always there if you do want to grind or want items though.

The game has a level up system where you level up every 100 exp and depending on the strength of the enemies you will get more or less exp. The leveling system is such that it will all get evened out fairly quickly even if there is some difference in the levels of your characters. When an enemy is killed ALL party members get exp. It doesn't matter who killed it. If you are underleveled enough you can get 100 exp from killing one enemy and level up just like that.

16. souledge94

souledge94 New Member

Yea I have yet to play a side mission and im up to chapter 6 I believe and zero problems have popped up. Theres also an easy mode you can change to before battle if your having trouble.

17. tilinelson2

I have played a couple of hours more, but things are more or less the same. I expected the game to evolve faster, since it was said that a playthrough shouldn't last more than 20 hours.

18. flarecde

flarecde Member

I finished the game in about 15 hours. I don't think much changed combat wise, but it was fun. A little tedious with some of the later bosses maybe. I'll probably do another playthrough at some point to collect more of the heart events.

19. Gammalad

Gammalad New Member

I love this gem I almost lost it in my Let's Play of the game
    [​IMG]

20. flarecde

flarecde Member

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I never did quite get why he put maid as an acronym there.