Is this game good¿

Discussion in 'Lunar: Silver Star Harmony' started by Magitek Mike, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Magitek Mike

Magitek Mike Member

I recently bought Lunar: Silver Star Story for the Saturn in Japanese because it was real cheap and now I'm interested in playing it in english. Is this the same game¿ Do I need to play any sequels¿ Is it good¿ Does it run well on Vita¿

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

It is the same game, just with revamped graphics and gameplay. It is also a standalone game, and the first in the series, so there's no need to play any other titles before it, nor does playing it mean you absolutely must play any of the sequels (though the immediate sequel, Eternal Blue, is quite excellent as well and definitely comes recommended).

We certainly think it's good, too, though I suppose we're a bit biased on that end. ;)

And yes, as far as I'm aware, it runs just fine on Vita. If you're able to download it to your Vita from the PlayStation Store, then you can be assured it runs on Vita without issue.

-Tom

3. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

yes
    If situations like those two below don't infuriate you:
    1. The game gives you a choice between 1 and 2. If you pick 1 game says to reconsider your choice and gives you the same damn choice between 1 and 2.
    2. First actually hard battle in game. Like, really hard, you need to use all you know about game system to survive and be good. And fight feels good because of that. But... after 1 to 3 hours of fight you starting to realize that something is wrong. You google it and... fight is unwinnable. At all. Nobody says you so. Nothing will interrupt the battle. Game just patiently waits for you to lose. After that you fight the same enemy in final fight and beat him in 5-10 minutes.
    Was quite infuriating for me.

P.S. Why do you use upside-down question marks?

4. Magitek Mike

Magitek Mike Member

Thank you. It's only 15$ on PSN so might as well just pick it up along with Ys 1& 2.

None of those seem very infuriating to me tbh.

I use "¿" instead of "?" because I'm from Venezuela, we use spanish keyboards and it's faster for me to use the upside-down one when typing.

5. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

Well, then you'll probably fine. Story wasn't bad and characters too (even if somewhat one-sided). It's not Trails level by any means, but the game is fine.
    Thanks for explaination.

6. Magitek Mike

Magitek Mike Member

Does it have the anime cinematics present in the Saturn version¿ What about the voice acting¿ Tell me about the battle system, etc.

Please!

7. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

I'm not sure they are the same, since I only played this version. But probably they are the same.
    It's... not good? Though I have quite small experience with english dubs of japanese games, especially old ones. And I'm not familiar with original. Oh, song on the ship was really good, I guess I finished game mostly because of it.
    It's quite good. Slow by modern standarts, better than many turn-based JRPG's. Quite easy to my tastes.
    World-building... well, if you play any other Game Arts jrpg you probably know their approach.
    I'm probably not best person to ask this anyway, because I was really furious at game because of things mentioned 3 posts above. Still, even with that I finished the game.

8. Clessy

Clessy Member

Late as hell to the party but, Lunar 1 in almost any version other than legends is an amazing game. The intro added to this game is amazing too. Lunar 1 is my favorite game ever. Period, and this remake is fantastic. PS1, PSP or Sega cd you can't really go wrong.