Ia / Vt Colorful (Vita) - Maql / Vocaloid Rhythm Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shizukari, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

http://gematsu.com/2014/01/senran-kagura-producer-heading-ps-vita-ia-vocaloid-game

2. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

...You know, when I first saw the topic for this game in the video games sub forum, I jokingly said to myself "inb4 people request XSEED do this game".

I didn't except it to happen so quickly. :p

I haven't listened to much IA, but provided the gameplay is good (I'll need to see a video of it, the description wasn't good enough. Like, I understand the description, but I can't determine if I'll like it or not), and if there's a physical release, I'll be importing it. And, of course, I'll buy (download, probably ;p) if it gets localized.

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We haven't done a real rhythm game before, but there are certainly some interesting ones coming out on Vita in the near future (this, Song Composer 575 and Dekamori Senran Kagura, to name three), and two of those are MAQL, so who knows? Maybe our rhythm day is due!

As XSEED's resident rhythm gamer (well, one of them), I'd love to work on any of those three. Though 575 is pretty much impossible to localize, so we can most likely scratch that one off the list, leaving us with two MAQL titles. Will either one be any good? Only time will tell!

-Tom

4. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Sega of America did make a great deal of success with Project Diva F, which has sold out at launch, and warranted the Vita release a couple of months after the PS3 release. Since we're talking about XSEED's parent company, the license may not be that expensive, and Tom may get his dream of working on a Vocaloid game after all.

5. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

True, I keep on forgetting about both the Vita version getting released here (I am saddened by this) and the fact that it did... well... All I really had was the fact that this game is from MAQL.

But still, I'm not expecting anything, so I don't get any hopes crushed. That, and it's really too early for me to say I'd like to see this game released here, since I only know some of the songs that are in it. Nothing else.

(In other words, once I see a trailer, I'll be able to begin judging the game)

6. Wyrdwad

Same. The problem with rhythm games is that... they can be really, really bad when handled poorly. Case in point, one of my most anticipated games of 2013 was Megpoid the Music# for PSP, which I had really high hopes for... and I gave it my full support, since it was from a start-up developer trying to break into the video game market with a Vocaloid title. What's not to love about that?

...Well, the answer to that question is apparently... the gameplay. ;)

We won't know until we see videos -- and, even more preferably, have a demo to play -- whether or not IA/VT is any good. But since it is coming from Takaki-san, it has a pretty decent pedigree behind it, so I anticipate it being at least of a higher overall quality than Megpoid's outing.

We shall see, but we shall see!

-Tom

7. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I think that if the game is good, we'll get it. If XSEED doesn't do it, I'm sure other companies would be interested as well.

8. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Hopefully this isn't botched because if it's any good it's pretty much a no brainer for an XSEED localization, at least if Tom were in charge. :p I'm cautiously optimistic though.

9. Wyrdwad

Problem is, I'm not in charge! Heheheh...

If I were, I'd totally work on this game. And Dekamori (for the LOLs alone, even if the gameplay turns out not to be great!). And Song Composer 575, somehow (seriously, I'd love to take a stab at localizing that game, but I just... don't even know where one would begin! How do you localize something that's so steeped in Japanese poetic meter and voice synthesis technology designed for the Japanese language without requiring players to know Japanese, thus defeating the point of localizing it in the first place?).

...And I would've brought over Hatsune Miku's Hello Planet a long time ago, too! I still say that could've made us millions. ;)

-Tom

10. HoursLeft

HoursLeft New Member

Don't forget about Bakumatsu Rock, another new rhythm game from MAQL. I'd love to see that get an English release. (Though it's for PSP, not Vita, but you guys are still showing the PSP love too thankfully. :) )

11. Wyrdwad

Oh yeah, I didn't forget! I'm pretty hyped for that one too. ;)

-Tom

12. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

So much for the other thread...

Anyway, here are a few pics for IA Visual Tracks Colorful.

13. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

14. Wyrdwad

Yeah, the screenshots basically confirmed what a lot of people were guessing: it plays pretty much like Gitaroo Man.

...And hey, that works for me! I'm sold. ;)

-Tom

15. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

16. HoursLeft

HoursLeft New Member

Cool. I think the concept for Bakumatsu Rock is so bizarre, yet totally amazing. The songs snippets they've released so far have been pretty awesome too.

More rhythm games are always a good thing, especially when they are as unique as BR. :)

17. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I'm not really into these kinda games but I'd probably get it anyway cause I like IA

also don't forget there are a couple IA songs in Demon Gaze...

18. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

We should all post our favorite IA songs. I barely know one, since I found out about her through Demon Gaze, but I'll do a little research tonight.

19. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

grabbed some links that I faved on youtube long time ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkchLjfbdLE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT2wVgoBH28

20. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

double post cause of media restriction :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oLFCrq4aAk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDEifvTI8s