General Gaming News Topic

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Oct 23, 2015.

1. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Uta 1 is coming to PS4 via NISA? NISA is stealing all the localizations... x3

2. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

NISA

National
    Institution (of)
    Stealing
    Animated-Video-Games

What do you mean that last one is stretching things a bit?

3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Aren't all video games animated?

4. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

*Anime video games.

Let's go with that.

5. AnimeGamer183

I remember a couple people here hoping Uta 1 would get localized I think maybe it was Terro that mentioned it?

6. DustyStarr

What is an Uta

7. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Utawarerumono. NISA announced in their showcase today that they are localizing Prelude to the Fallen, the first Uta game, which never got released in North America.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Been waiting on it for almost 15 years now :x Hope we get the fighting game (Zen?) too or whichever it is. Some spin off.

Sounds like Atlus people sre also translating Sega stuff too, so they aren't able to do stuff from Furyu/Aquaplus anymore.

9. AnimeGamer183

Yeah I was just talking with some other people about how Atlus USA has a pretty full plate right now with Judgement Yakuza 3 4 and 5, and what ever else is on the horizon

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Assuming they do all 3 Yakuza. Not confirmed for the west yet, but 90% chance they will, due to how good sells have been.

11. AnimeGamer183

if they want all PS4 owners to be caught up through Y6, its a must. Plus Y3 is the only real obstacle localization wise due to adding back the cut conten, 4 and 5 should more or less be a breeze in comparison. UNLESS there is some issue with using the original non Atlus TL then they will have to re-localize Y4. Y5 is when they started doing the Yakuza TL's so that one at the very least should be safe?

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping to finally get a physical copy of 5 :x Have it digitally as a PSN+ freebie but yeah.

13. DustyStarr

I can't imagine 4 and 5 NOT getting new phys editions for the West, but it IS Sega....

14. AnimeGamer183

I still havent played 5 because of the PS3 restrictions and no physical copy soooo... I cant even play the rest until that comes out.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Segs is still doing better than Capcom, regarding physical stuff :/

16. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Glad to see the Utawarerumono remake coming over! Slight concern over NISA, but the editor of Mask of Deception/Truth is currently freelance, so maybe they'll pull a CS3 and get some passionate old blood aboard.

Also, Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC! Been waiting for this for a while, so glad to finally see it coming.

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

One thing I learned about the Atlus ones, is that the name translations are actually correct. I was used to seeing the subs from the anime, but had no idea the actually spelling are based on the different Ainu system. Didn't even know it wS Ainu-based, but makes sense given their clothes n stuff.

18. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 get localized from scratch. They are remasters, not remakes like 1 and 2 were. But they are localizing Judgement twice which seems crazy to me, so what do I know.

19. AnimeGamer183

It would be nice to see an Atlus quality TL of Y3 and 4, I have been curious what their approach to Y3 is going to be in particular. No idea when to expect news about that either.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I forgot about the double Judgement subs. It's crazy but a nice bonus for options!