Final Fantasy 7 Remake Discussion

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Dec 7, 2015.

1. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

the XIII games had different battle systems, im curious how much change between the source material (the original FFVII game), and how much will be changed from game to game with this remake. Depending on how they approach it, certain sections/arcs of the game could require another combat system or other game systems that compliment what part they are at. Its funny I jokingly called this from the original announcement that we were getting " FFVII FVII-2 and FFVII-3" and that seems to be the model under which they want to release these games at least. Curse the day any of the Final Fantasy's started getting sequels... im looking at you X-2, that very well could have been beginning of the end.

2. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

They're also completely different games. Here, they're just splitting up one game into 3 parts. I'd find it pretty weird if they were to do something as drastic as changing the battle system depending on which part of the game you're in.

3. AnimeGamer183

From the way they have described these announcements recently, its sounds like they are doing the opposite, and making a full game for each part of the story, and what changes may be had between these 3 games makes it seem as if they may be slightly different ala the XIII series. They say in that gamestop article that it will not be an episodic release format which would indicate a continuing game system through out, but rather multiple games, dont be surprised if different systems and game play aspects are present in each different one.

4. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I doubt they are going to change much between games. I saw mention that apparently there are multiple partners involved to get it finished, so they are probably designing the core systems and framework of the game in-house and having partners (like CyberConnect2, seemingly developing part 1) build the game around that.

5. Ammy175

It's only been 3 years since the last post here!

6. Ammy175

*posted in December of 2015*
    Hoo, boy, has this aged well! /sarcasm

7. AnimeGamer183

um... it looks pretty? Thats about all I can gather as of now, at least we KNOW more to come in June, and likely a proper reveal? I am still fine with playing the PS1 version... So this is why the dropped FFVII on all the current platforms last month, clever Square, clever.

8. Ammy175

I mean, yeah, likely the main point of this was to say "Hey, this game still exists; please look forward to E3", but - and maybe this is just me - the graphics also look different, as does the UI, compared to a 2015 trailer of the game:

It's also the perfect opportunity to make a video about the trailer and rake in the views.

9. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

The newer one looks vaguely smoother. Less...gritty? Less grungy and dark, too, in a way. I'm not sure how to put it in a way that isn't a bit abstract. But I can't say it really looks all that much further along than what we saw years ago. Though I probably just don't know what to look for. Well...nice that they're giving out more in June, anyway. No indeterminate, possibly years-long wait between now and the next bit of info.

I'd really like to see what Sephiroth looks like in the remake. I mean, I know that was his back just now, but unless I missed it, no glimpse from the front.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  10. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm kinda surprised by a little logo at the end of the trailer... specifically, the one that says "PS4".

With the next console generation coming within the next couple of years, I could've sworn this would get pushed back to being an early PS5 title.

11. AnimeGamer183

That being said, they probably cut the whole multiple release idea, perhaps made it more of a traditional remake with a turn based battle system which was probably easier to please fans than revamping the FFXV inspired one. I mean the pressure to remake this game is almost impossible to please fans, its one of the greatest games of all time and we have seen how much they have struggled. I am still concerned but hopefully they made things easier on themselves, but since they gave up on the original idea and direction, it makes me think something could be amiss and they arent entirely sure what they are doing. June shall be interesting.

Or have it buried underneath the plethora of other videos covering the topic and come out empty.

12. Ammy175

That's the spirit!

Of course, some of my most popular videos are of me playing Pokemon fan games when they were brand new, so, you know...

13. AnimeGamer183

14. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

It's too bad the thrown Materia wasn't throw, that would have made that scene even more ridiculous. But I guess the Sephiclone would need to use the throw materia to throw the materia, so it couldn't throw throw. Unless it had two! Is it even using throw though? Can the clones even use materia at all? Do they even need materia? Will these questions be answered in the remake? (nope)

Trailer looks pretty good, I'm mildly optimistic they might actually do this thing some justice. Showing Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa fighting Aps more or less confirms they went through with keeping Wall Market. In what form, TBD. And for some reason they went out of their way to hide Tifa. Curious.

Still expect a lot of stuff to be changed because it just won't work with modern graphics. Like the dolphin jump will probably just be a dolphin ride to something where Cloud can climb.

*reads my old posts ITT*

Seems that on a scale from 0 to 10 where 0 is "this game will be trash" and 10 is "game of the forever" I've gone from a neutral 5 to about a 6.

15. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Either they made Tifa's design to really appeal to pathetic nerds lusting over her and theyare hiding that, or they made her look more sensible and they are hiding that...

16. Ammy175

March 3rd, 2020

17. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Extended trailer + more details of the combat system!

So Tifa is a kungfu girl of some sort, huh? Never played the original but all of this is making me excited! :p

18. Ammy175

Gameplay starts around 4:45, but man, that guy has the douchiest voice ever.

19. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Not a kung-fu girl, the kung-fu girl, the kung by which all fu is measured.

20. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

More like the dung by which all poo is measured! JK Tifa is dope I didn't mean it :p