Fate/stay Night (Vita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soapstone, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

i have seen the anime version of Fate/Zero, it is pretty amazing!

i never had the chance to play the Fate/Extra games on the psp, but i know lots of people have been wanting to see the original game get released properly over here, instead of having to use a translation patch for the pc, and getting it through illegal means.

i would love to see it released as physical media!

2. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

It's a dream that will likely never happen, but it's a nice dream that I share.

For what it's worth, if you liked the Fate/Zero anime, the studio that made it is currently airing an anime of the Unlimited Blade Works route of Fate/stay night and are planning a movie for Heaven's Feel. I highly recommend it, Just make sure it's the recent one by ufotable, not the old one by DEEN.

3. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

i just started watching it, actually. i still have to watch stay night, but once i do, then i will be current. i actually just heard they are making a film for heaven's feel, which they did with UBW. if they do as they did with UBW, there may be a series to follow as well.

i have heard the game has sex in it, but it isn't a hentai type game that uses sex to further the plot. my question is, why did they bother putting any sex scenes in the game in the first place, as the story revolves around the Holy Grail War? i know the anime has no sex in it, it is just an all out bloody violent battle, similar to the tone of X the series.

i know that the game hasnt gotten an official release outside of japan yet, and they have a fan translated patch for the realta nua fate/stay night, and that there is a clean patch to cut out the sex scenes. i tried dloading it, and the first 2 discs were fine but the last disc didnt work for some reason, is there a reason for this? is there versions of the game that have issues like that?

4. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

There are two different studios who made Fate anime. The first one was Studio DEEN. They did the Fate anime in 2006 and the UBW movie in 2010. They're really bad and those two things should just be avoided. The second studio to make Fate anime is ufotable (who also did Kara no Kyoukai, another story by the same author set in the same universe) and they did Fate/Zero in 2011/2012 and UBW series in 2014/2015. Their UBW series is completely unrelated to the previous movie by DEEN, so I doubt there will be a Heaven's Feel series after their Heaven's Feel movie(s).

The original PC release in 2004 had sex scenes in it. Random moments of hentai were the common thing in any Visual Novel back then, and it's also how their previous work, Tsukihime, was. Nowadays it's more resonable for a Visual Novel to not need these scenes and they obviously couldn't have them on Sony's console, so the Realta Nua versions later released on PS2, Vita, and recently PC again do not have any sex scenes. Unfortunately, that's not all that was censored/edited, they also removed references to domestic violence and other very serious topics that are important to the plot, making a character's backstory kind of inconsistent and hard to follow. Both versions of the game have their pros and cons.

Honestly, there's been so many versions of the game and so many patches that at this point I have no idea. You could be trying to use a patch for a different version of the game than the one you have. There are like at least four different patches out there, I think.

5. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

the problem is the iso from the rar i dloaded. apparently the first 2 discs isos worked fine, but when i went to the 3 disc for installation it said somethign couldnt be found, and there wasnt all that much on the disc. it was weird. i thinki have been told the realta nua is supposed to be the best version of the game, but heard there is a YT version as well in that you dont have to play through the 3 paths in order, and you can choose which path you wanna do first.

i was gonna ask if they could have the sex scenes in the sony ps2/vita versions, now i know. lol!

do you know if there is any work being done on a translation patch for fate/stay night for vita is being worked on? if so i could always just import the game and patch it somehow.

6. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Yeah, especially when it comes to a downloaded copy of the game, I can't help. There's too many variables that could effect a random download. We shouldn't be talking about that in a thread asking for the game to be localized officially anyway.

As for the Vita version, I'm not aware of any patch being worked on, or if it's even possible to patch a Vita game. But I have been pretty out of the loop with that community for several years.

7. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

Rather than Realta Nua, I'd really like to see a localization for Fate/Extra CCC. At least Stay Night is playable in English in several versions. Alas, I'm afraid the dream is dead at this point. Unless the game gets a Vita port, there's really no chance in hell of it ever coming west via official channels. I guess a fan translation isn't completely out of the question though.

8. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

There are some really smaller publishers still localizing PSP games (most likely as digital only affairs for Vita and whatnot), but I'm definitely not holding my breath for CCC. It was probably deemed to be too much work for too little a payoff and to be honest the first Extra was just "okay". It's a shame though because Gilgameeeeesssh~

9. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

ya... i am around ep17 of UBW, i had forgotten how overpowered Gilgamesh was from Zero... i am already starting to pick sides, and even though i didnt know much about Berserker and his master, i genuinely liked the girl and it was sad to see Gilgamesh go overboard like that... :S

i have no idea what it is about the Fate Universe but it seems that the caster classes are HORRIBLE, DEVIOUS creatures that want nothing but power, they really put the Holy Grail War at risk! yet i think it is so freaking awesome that they are such game changers!

i never did get around to playing extra on the psp, i know it was one of the last few games that got released on the psp, but i didnt know anything about fate at the time. now that i do, i would love to see it remade for the vita, i know that a lot of psp titles are getting re-releases on the vita like conception 2 and the danganronpa games.

10. Qualar

Qualar New Member

I have Fate/Extra on the PSP, and actually beat the game (Saber Route). It was a bit of a let down in many regards, the game was exceptionally grind heavy, and the battle system was literally a variation of "Rock, Paper, Scissors". Now the fact the combat system was simple wasn't such a big deal. What was a bid deal were the hours upon hours of level grinding necessary to not get yourself killed as you progressed in the story.

Now granted, I actually pre-ordered the Fate/Extra L.E. prior to launch, so I paid top dollar for my copy. Aksys Games now has the standard edition, still in their inventory, discounted down to $24.99. Worth it for a new factory sealed copy, sure, but don't pay more than that for it unless you can find someone selling a copy of the Limited Edition.:
    http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/psp/products/fate-extra

After the success of Fate/Extra, it was a hit in Japan, Fate/Extra CCC was made. The sequels was said to be far better in all aspects than the original Fate/Extra. Sadly, CCC never got an English version release, so no idea if it that was actually better or not.

I own and have played the original Fate/stay night (PC, DS), and if you thought the anime was good, the game is easily ten times better. The game was never officially released in English, but if you buy the Japanese PC game, there is a very excellent fan-made translation patch available. I do not advise the fan-ported DS version as; for one it is technically not legal, two it is horribly buggy which I say that from personal experience trying it, and three it's over 1GB and pretty much requires a slots 1 & 2 ROM solution which are nigh impossible to come by due to Nintendo's ongoing war against homebrew. The actual PC version of the game provides a far more enjoyable gaming experience, and will ultimately cost you less money anyways.

Now, in the years that followed Type Moon's success with Fate/stay night, VN's began gaining popularity on home consoles like never before. They wanted in on this and thus created an edited version of the original game re-titled as Fate/stay night: Realta Nua. Unlike the original PC version, which was an adult only title, this new game bore a CERO age rating of "C" (ages 15+). It sold so well on the PS2 that in later years it would be re-released for PS Vita.

And that class is your little slice of history for today. And yes, it would be totally awesome is Marvelous/XSeed could somehow manage to license the Vita version for Region 1 sale. But considering the Japanese publisher (Kadokawa Games) is one of Marvelous Entertainments rather stiff competitors, I'm not so sure it'll happen.