Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. nivora

nivora Active Member

well they just licensed a rean/crow dakimakura so here's hoping it shows something ;)

2. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Now moving on to the 3rd related questions!

In the Star Door containing the report on the Salt Pale, the report says that (1) the incident took place in 1178, and (2) the Eighth Dominion was deployed to North Ambria in a Merkabah, one of the Gralsritters' special airships. So my question is, are the Merkabahs artifacts? Because either I'm way off on my Zemurian knowledge or the timeline doesn't make sense otherwise. As I understand it, the flight field generator was invented during the Hundred Days War in 1192, almost fifteen years after the Salt Pale incident.

So are the Merkabahs artifacts? Or is the Septian Church sitting on a bunch of super-secret, super-advanced, non-artifact tech like Ouroboros is? Or was the flight field generator already a thing before the Hundred Days War and Professor Russell was just the first person to weaponize the technology?

3. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

The full answer is going to involve some details from the Crossbell games, but no actual plot spoilers.
    The first successful powered flight in Zemuria actually happened in 1168 with an airship called the Calatrava. This information is buried in the Capel's files so you have to go looking for it. What Professor Russel managed to do in the Hundred Day War was fit a flight generator into a smalller craft that could travel very quickly and still mount an effective armament; it was a refining of existing technology rather than something completely new.

That said, the Merkabah incorporates a combination of cutting-edge technology and Artifact-based systems. The Epstein Foundation helped with the development of the Merkabah and they've continued to work with the Church to refine the ships since their first deployment in 1178, especially on the computer systems. However, the ships themselves are patterned after an Artifact the Church possesses which is referred to as the Original Merkabah in order to distinguish it from the airships. It's stated that this Artifact possesses the power of flight and it's strongly implied to be a ship in its own right rather than just something that enables flight. The Merkabah class also incorporate systems which suggest the Church is sitting on other advanced technology.

AttentionDeficitGuy likes this.
  4. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Member

What's the battle theme that plays during the very first fight in Ao's prologue? The one against the floating one-eyed monsters. For the life of me, I can't find it in Ao's OST on youtube.

5. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

6. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Member

Thanks! I must have passed over it, thinking it didn't sound like the title of a fight song. Oops!

7. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Seems like the past week or so NISA has been giving small voice clips of various characters, at this time just OG Class 7. Extremely happy to see Fie's voice actor is back, and so far all the class seven characters have their original voice actors back. I don't know how likely getting all the original voice actors is, but the others ones I really hope return are the ones for Victor, Olivert, Alfin, Angie, and Rufus. I am looking forward finding out the voices of the new characters and those who haven't been voiced before, especially best merchant Becky (I've heard she was voiced in CS3 but I could be wrong).

8. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Oh god, I cannot wait to hear Becky too. And yes, you heard right, she's voiced in 3. xD

I'm most looking forward to Juna, Musse and Ash's VAs of the new cast.

9. Vizardlorde

Vizardlorde Member

things must be hectic at NISA since they have around 5 months left if they follow the 9/28 tradition.

10. Grey

Grey New Member

The guy who voices Rufus - and Valimar - confirmed he's back a couple months ago. Similarly, I suppose Alfin is a given, since Cassandra Lee Morris came back to voice Fie.

11. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

I think they're all returning as far as we know.

12. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Normally when I want to know something, I look it up for myself. But this is something I don't know how to look up without encountering spoilers. Already encountered a small one for CSIII (already suspected it, so I don't care so much) and what may have been a big one for Zero (I probably won't ever get to play Zero so I didn't really mind, in that case.) This comes up because I wasn't sure what Sept-Terrion cards were. I thought I might have heard the name, but didn't remember anything about them being a card game. (Yotaka already explained what the cards were, though...thanks for that!)

So what I want to ask is about the over-arching plot of the game. Truth is, I play for the, er, UNDER-arching plot. The day to day lives of the characters, and what's happening to them directly, and the world-encompassing themes I just tend to be uninterested in. I like the intimate stories, not the rule-the-world or rewrite-humanity types, so I may have let the information just slip past me.

I don't want to ask anyone to spend half an hour on this...even a very brief, surface-level explanation would be great. The story that ties all the games together...in basic terms, what is it? I would like to avoid spoilers for CS III and IV. I don't care about Ao and Zero because as previously mentioned, I doubt I'll ever be able to play them. Everything I know comes from Sky FC and SC and CS I and II, and a little bit from 3rd, though that one just mooshed up in my head a bit. Any spoilers in my cut here will be from those games.

What I THINK I know is this:
    The Sept-Terrion are objects of great power...elemental, I believe, such as space, earth, wind, etc...and Ouroborous is searching for them using various big plots, such as the Gospel Plan which ended after the events in Liberl, and the Phantasmal Blaze Plan which I think ended with CS II (with the creation of that giant blue tree thing that showed up in Crossbell, probably due to events in Zero and Ao?), and is part of their overall plot, which is called the Orpheus Final Plan. I don't know what the goal of the Orpheus Final Plan is, but then, I don't even know if that was revealed as of CS II, or if I just missed it or forgot it.

Is that basic understanding enough to go on? I really do just play for the characters and their lives, but I don't love being confused by big ending scenes.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  13. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Yep, you've got the right idea of the series' meta plot. There's just one correction I have.
    Phantasmal Blaze does not conclude in CS2; Osborne announces his intention to 'take over' the plan from Ouroboros.
    If you want to see the most detail we get on the meta plot from the currently localized games, you should rewatch Star Dooe 14 from The 3rd when you have a chance.

EDIT. If you're curious whether what you saw about Zero and CS3 are spoilers/how big they are, feel free to ping me and I can give you a yes/no answer.

Kikki likes this.
  14. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Oh, I see!
    I thought the blue tree represented the culmination of the Phantasmal Blaze Plan. Hadn't realized that Osborne chiming in meant that it was still continuing, I just thought he was going to usurp the tree's power or something like that.
    Good to know, that that isn't quite right. I'll play closer attention when going through the Relentless Edition in June. I will re-watch that Star Door, too. Thank you. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  15. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

I got a bit of a question for those who played Ao regarding the Sept-terrion cards that are being included with the PS4 version of CS II:

My understanding was that it wasn't really confirmed that those were the Sept-terrions, but that they were maybe referencing them in some way and that it was just a theory that what appears on the cards are Sept-terrions. Does Xseed officially calling them cards of the Sept-terrions confirm it then?

Also I have a bit of another weird question. These cards just seemed to come out of nowhere, right? I mean in terms of being included in the PS4 editions of CS II. They weren't mentioned to be something included intitially when these PS4 releases were announced. I'm not trying to get anyone's excitement up at all either, but since these cards were shown in Ao, do you think this could potentially mean anything for a Crossbell localization? Like maybe Xseed are going to localize them? Or are these cards available in Japan already somewhere and maybe Xseed just thought it'd be something really cool to add?

16. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware, this is the first time these cards have ever been released in a physical format. I would be extremely hesitant to read any more into this beyond 'XSEED thought it would be cool'.
    You're correct, they have not been confirmed to represent the Sept-Terrion themselves. However, they do appear to be connected to them and they may depict Sept-Terrion or they may not. The Space card definitely shows Ragnard and you can make a good case for the sun-like device in the upper right being a stylized Aureole. The Mirage card on the other hand definitely depicts the original Demiourgos and also depicts a stylized Zeit, the Holy Beast associated with that treasure. So as of Ao we were two for two on seriously significant cards. A good case could be made for the others being setup for similar symbolism, if you gloss over what the hell the Wind card is supposed to be depicting...
    More below, from the newest games. Obvious spoilers ahead.
    The end of Cold Steel may or may not cloud the issue, because while we know the Sept-Terrion involved, we've never actually seen their original forms the way we know what the first two are supposed to look like. We see the 'bodies' that were made to house them but we can only guess what they resembled before that. Based on the kanji subtext, one should resemble a hammer and the other a box but we can't entirely rely on that. Neither of these matches the artwork though and the Holy Beasts of the elements are also not found anywhere on the associated cards. Well, if you really squint hard you might be able to fit Argles to the turtles on the Earth card but it's a big stretch. So we're not sure what the link between those cards and what we saw in Erebonia is right now.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  17. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Out of curiosity, was any mention made of what happened to International Bank of Crossbell at the end of CS4?

18. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Not especially. Their holdings were considerably reduced after Crossbell was annexed but I doubt that things are going to continue as they were past the end of CS4.
    For example, I doubt that the newly independent Crossbell is going to let Reinford keep control of that prime real-estate and they're going to need those assets to maintain the country now that they're paying for everything themselves again. We know that McDowell negotiated a settlement with the Imperial administration and a combination of the SSS, the former CGF and the people at large apprehended those Erebonian troops who didn't leave and kept the borders safe so Calvard didn't try anything again. Given that neither side was innocent in the whole annexation business (Crossbell for the dubious way that Dieter justified all the asset freezing, Erebonia for shooting first and asking questions later) I suspect they worked something out that Erebonia could live with in order to make the problem go away quickly. The country had enough internal issues that they probably would be happy to just wash their hands of the thing.

On that note, oh boy, there are going to be crazy long-term repercussions from the events of the world war. Erebonia's main story may be over but you know they're going to be cleaning up the mess the Great Twilight left behind for years. Calvard too, which is probably going to be a big focus of their own arc along with the internal tensions we already know about.

19. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

What prime real estate would you be referring to with respect to Reinford?

20. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

The IBC building, I would imagine. It was used by Reinford in Sen III/IV.